6.0 acting weird...

Buckshot927tx

Reaction score
Hey fellas, my truck started acting funny while i was deployed and my wife was driving it. Now it idles kinda rough. Fluctuating from deep rumble to regular whistle to just idling no whistle, back to deep rumble no whistle. Then, going don the road upon acceleration she has a studder and severe turbo lag. On the petal she vibrates and off it she don't.... all my numbers on my scan gauge are in order. So what the hell is wrong with it?? Thanks for the help. 2004 F350 cclb

Gary

Reaction score
Really needs the codes first, but it sounds like a injector(s) is misfiring and possibly the turbo is sticking.

BigBlue

Reaction score
+1 on the turbo sticking. Sounds like something is going on with the turbo.

MrOneEyedBoh

Reaction score
If its fluctuating from whistle to rumble, that would be the vgt cycling the vanes. Now I know Gear heads tuning will do that because its what pcm strategy he uses.

If there is an issue I don't know what commands that to happen. I'd venture to say possibly a coked up turbo unison ring/vane issue.

04cr450

Reaction score
do u have a early 04 or a late 04? The early 04 had vane cycling that came from the factory programming, late 04 does not. Exhaust pressure sensor, clogged up ebp tube( the late 04s did not use the ebp sensor but mine(late 04) had clogged up a while ago and was doing the same thing as your truck is doing. Take a look at it.

Buckshot927tx

Reaction score
Sorry, been busy with neck surgery and what not. Its an early 04 build. My FICM is bouncing around on volts somewhat and doesn't always stay at 48 volts. So that means its on its way out. Would it be throwing the 0279 code for my #7 injector or is that not really all that common?

Buckshot927tx

Reaction score
Also, i was drinkin a little bit one night and got in a big hurry to get my #7 injector out to take a look at it before the nhrda world finals and read the wrong information on the net without double checking and used the wrong size tor bit on my injector clamp. so it rounded it out and then i wasn't able to get the right size back in there because it was too tight. Any ideas? I really would rather not take my fan box and evaporator box out, that looks like a pain!

Buckshot927tx

Reaction score
cleaned the turbo and my unison ring was completely corroded to the housing. cleaned it all up to where it functioned with ease.

swinky

Reaction score
Also, i was drinkin a little bit one night and got in a big hurry to get my #7 injector out to take a look at it before the nhrda world finals and read the wrong information on the net without double checking and used the wrong size tor bit on my injector clamp. so it rounded it out and then i wasn't able to get the right size back in there because it was too tight. Any ideas? I really would rather not take my fan box and evaporator box out, that looks like a pain!
An extractor bit might be able to get that bolt out.

Latest posts

Members online