6.0 advice?

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
Eric's tunes will do you well. If you like TC lockup you will like xtreme x just be careful with your stock trans

stroker2

Reaction score
Well i was going to see if he would burn some more TC lockup in the milder tunes because i would rather stay down a notch and just do the extreme street instead of extreme race

smokedout250

Reaction score
Matt at gearhead also makes some good tunes his tranny tunes are sweet I need to try some of Eric's tunes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mdub707

Reaction score
Yeah I fried a stock converter daily driving around on x-race. I wouldn't recommend it. X-street is still plenty of fun.

bad moose

Reaction score
I would wait on the studs. Let Eric know your truck will be non studded and he'll send the apporpiate tunes. Some trucks last forever without studs and well some do not. Kind of depends on the driving and what you do with the truck. IMO

I'm nonstudded, deleted, new oil cooler, and exhaust. Mine truck has been just fine for about 35 000 to 40 000 miles.

teamstorm02

Reaction score
Im also new to the diesel world.. Where is this eric guy from? id like to ask him some questions.. could anyone point me in the right direction?

stroker2

Reaction score
Alright, turns out i have a little more confusion on the STC mod than i originally thought. First off, i ordered an STC blue spring kit with all gaskets just without the cover. My understanding is that this raises fuel pressure. Second, am i understanding the STC on the 05-07 trucks tends to leak (which i thought was oil) and needs an STC upgrade kit. Do i need to order a different STC kit to solve the leak problems in addition to the blue spring STC kit?

Thanks again!

Mdub707

Reaction score
The blue spring and STC fitting are two completely different things. The blue spring kit is just the kit you got, to bump fuel pressure up a bit. The STC kit is a fitting kit for the high pressure oil pump. There is no such thing as a blue spring STC kit, they are two completely different kits. STC stands for snap to connect, which is the style of fitting on the high pressure oil pump. Make sense?

Jeremyleggett07

Reaction score
Alright, turns out i have a little more confusion on the STC mod than i originally thought. First off, i ordered an STC blue spring kit with all gaskets just without the cover. My understanding is that this raises fuel pressure. Second, am i understanding the STC on the 05-07 trucks tends to leak (which i thought was oil) and needs an STC upgrade kit. Do i need to order a different STC kit to solve the leak problems in addition to the blue spring STC kit?

Thanks again!

Ok The STC "fitting" is the connector on your High Pressure Oil Pump. It's a quick release fitting that with over time leaks. The new fitting is a screw on. The blue spring upgrade, which is from ford as well, is for ur stock fuel regulator. Which this does raise ur fuel pressure to around 65psi which is what is needed for better life in stock injectors.

stroker2

Reaction score
Makes sense! Now i have been told that doing the STC and blue spring kit are a good idea to do while doing egr delete is why i asked. Is there a specific brand or place to get the stc upgrade kit? Ford? Thanks

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
Make sure to get that STC update done. Mine not being done ended up costing me a new HPOP and new rear cover after it cracked from the damage.... Update is a lot cheaper and easier than a new hpop

jdc753

Reaction score
Unlike headgaskets an STC fitting can strand you, probably in the drive thru when the truck decides to not do a hot restart.

For my story, I tuned the truck with xtreme race around 79k, made it about 15k before it started pushing coolant, I drove it for another 5k like that before studding it at 113k (some untuned miles in there too.) Did the whole deal at the at point, oil cooler, EGR delete, STC fitting, oil rail dummy plugs, turbo drain tube, studs and OEM gaskets. Truck now has 175k on it with about 80k of that running xtreme race daily. Trans has never been an issue and the truck had 6 injectors replaced at 92k due to stiction, otherwise it has been driving with the oil changed occasionally and a fuel filter here and there.

Blue spring mod helped delay the drop in fuel pressure for my truck but didn't cure it. It is certainly something good to do for cheap and no time invested.

Latest posts

Members online