6.0 advise

DieselMater86

Reaction score
Got a 2003 F350 excab dually auto trans 4x4.
I have my plans set just need some helpful advise.
I have owned a couple 7.3s but my 1st 6.0
My dad has had his CCSB for about 2 years at first hated it.
After driving it and pulling a bit i liked it more. Well got a good deal
on this one and ready to get things done.
My truck is completely stock but for downpipe and MBRP full exhaust no cats.

Plans
1- 58v fcim with php atlas 40hp tune
2- sct tuner (ideas on tunes)
3- new gauges old ones are auto meter which suck
4- egr delete/studs/bullet proff kit (trying to find the right one with arp studs and oem gaskets and what about the 18mm or 20mm)
5- turbo upgrade maybe WW2 or i was reading of another wheel. But compared to my dads all stock 04 f250 mine sounds freaking amazing.
6- fuel system upgrade fass or any better ideas.
7- i found a spare tranny for cheap and want to build it to hold up better than stock, and then i can rebuild my stock one as a backup.

I dont care to be at any certain hp kust i know what i want on my truck. Its my dd that i tow with every once and a while amd plus my fiance drives it too. I just want it reliable and to have plenty of hp when i want it so i can shut ip or piss off the ricer/cummins guy if need be haha. Im doing this on my phone so im trying to get pics up. Any advise would be great.

Aslo what u guys think about e-fans any gain over clutch like in gas. I have 3 well known
diesel shops and a few others that are great. Middle tennessee is full of them but i can do most work myself.

Thanks guys

Atc-Eric

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

I cant give any advice on the 58v Ficm, turbo upgrade, or fuel system upgrades. My truck is bullet proofed, but I have not upgraded any of those parts from stock.

I can touch on a few things though. Guages, I run an Edge CTS Monitor. Great little device. Nice display, can show up to 5 different perimeters at once.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/83830-Edge-...oke-/181655083885?hash=item2a4b7c9b6d&vxp=mtr

Im also running the SCT tuner. I've been running the standard tunes that came with it, but am going to look into a few upgrades from the forum here. I know there are a couple of companies that will download tunes to your SCT tuner for a pretty decent price.

On the trannys, the one thing I found when I was researching the 6.0, is that the stock torqushifts really do hold up nicely. From what I read you have to go out of your way to destroy one, with either a ton of horsepower, or miss use.

Anyways, wanted to say welcome, and good luck with your truck.

DieselMater86

Reaction score
thanks Eric I'm fixing to start buying parts and do the work at my buddies shop. also looking into doing some custom one off pieces for interior seeing that I'm a machinist and have plenty access to a mill and lathe.

DieselMater86

Reaction score
No need for another thread to get an answer.
I'm searching online and can't find anyone that offers oem gaskets.
I looking into a bulletproof kit but all of them have some kind of aftermarket gaskets. I have seen in this forum and others people having issues with these. So anyone have a link to a build your own kit so I can get the oem or no gaskets and order oem.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.