6.0 common rail

bigdirty

Reaction score
Has it been done? Can it be done? would you be able to use the 6.4 fuel system?

91turbogsx

Reaction score
I thought about this the other day. It just seems like it would be a waste of money. Much cheaper to just upgrade to a 6.4 which is basically a reengineered common rail 6.0.

The CR 7.3 I can understand why it is being done.

Lubbockguy1979

Reaction score
International has built a 6.0cr engine. They decided to go heui. Can it be done yes. it would be a 1 off. I don't think anyone has done it. Doug on psn often eluded to the existance of a 6.0 cr flash part# from ford and that a 6.4 injector can be bolted in. I would start at square 1 vs using the 6.4 stuff and build it right. The 6.4 seems to have some problems in the fuel system from the factory.

Mdub707

Reaction score
I think the general consensus was it could probably be done, but at what cost? Probably a lot more money than just going and buying a driving running 6.4....

Apcdiesel

Reaction score
A 6.4 Injector will bolt down on a bare 6.0 head but hits the rocker carrier and requires a different cup....not to mention the 6.4 pump doesent even remotely fit or line up to the 6.0 pump mounts in the block

KEM Performance

Reaction score
Has it been done? Can it be done? would you be able to use the 6.4 fuel system?

It has been done by both Ford and International. It was abandoned due to the relationship between International and Sturman, the G2 injector designer/maker. I never got to drive any of the trucks but I heard they were very quick!

Sully

Reaction score
I think its entirely possible.use a cp3 like the dual pump set up for the 6.4,the hard part is driving the 6.4 injector with the 6l hardware.(ficm).

faster6.0

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
...plus completely different compression, stroke, bore, wrist pin, pistons.. not quite interchangable

windrunner408

Reaction score
I would think it would be easier to put a 05-07 front end on an 08-10 truck and be cheaper than doing a 6.4 swap. JMO.

PSM_Kid

Reaction score
can a 6.4 be put into a 6.0 body?

Working on that 6.4 has those little wheels in your head spinning the wrong way huh LOL?!?

The amount of work it'd take to do the conversion probably wouldn't be worth it. You'd end up wishing you just went to a dealer and picked up a 6.4 and drove it home.

Lubbockguy1979

Reaction score
The 99-20xx bodys are pretty much the same. That is why so much from 7.3, 6.0, 6.4 and 6.7 era all interchange. There are only subtle differences and frame differences really. As a disclaimer they are not the exact same but fairly close. So it would stant to reason you could swap what ever motor in and likely use all stock parts to do it

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.