6.0 custom build based on your input.

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
I'm getting ready to do a build on an 03 regular cab XLT 2wd dually without a bed with 130k miles. I am 100% open to suggestions. I have a 4x4 axle and transfer case. RCSB, RCLB, 4x4 conversion, injectors, turbo, dually, single wheel, etc. What would be the best combination? Give me suggestions and the best will happen.

There is one catch. This truck WILL BE SOLD. Right now with just headstuds and Egr delete it sets for sale for $8,000. Thats a pretty good start price wise to build a lot of truck for not that much money. Every mod suggested raises the price though so keep that in mind. Me personally, I would do the basic bulletproofing with a tune and make it a quick street truck. Mainly because my profit margin is higher, but that's no fun.

I have a blank canvas to start with. I can't pass up the opportunity to build something spectacular. I want to see what you guys are interested in and maybe even a possible buyer wanting to build a dream truck. Just like my Mazda diesel build, I don't need the truck, I don't "need the money to pay bills", and I have problems putting the work in on it. I'm just building it for fun and then selling it. So post up ideas!

Last edited:

Bubba88

Reaction score
I would not go too big so you're still leaving the market open to more potential buyers. I think a RCSB dually w/ some fat super singles on the back would look awesome (been wanting to do that for awhile). I would throw in some 175/75s and single vgt along w/ all supporting mods. That seems to be a good medium for an all-around truck that can still tow a good bit yet tear it up at the track.

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
I think the market is dead for the mid to upper end of modified trucks. If your going to sell it keep the motor as close to stock as you can.

Sully

Reaction score
My vote,Rcsb...srw...lowered...2wd...190s and 68vgt..short beds are plentiful and I think it would sell better than a dual.but I drag race so I may be biased on the 2wd But it would be a street/strip beast.everything you add is pricing it out of the 6l market though

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Well this is less about money and more about doing something cool. I mean, I won't have near the cost in this truck as some might think. I'm just saying that I don't want to have to sell it for $20k to get my money back out of it. So far I'm seeing a lowered/leveled rclb dually, tinted windows, basics done with custom tuning, possibly bag it, and a possible front end update. The bed may end up being a 2012 bed.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.