6.0 dilema HELP!!

Hunterhewi

Reaction score
Hey guys i just got my 04 f250 out of the shop. Bear with me im new to the whole diesel thing! Had them put some goodies on it. A little rundown, truck has 140k on it. Bought with 130k no problems til bout a month ago. When i bought it it had head studs, egr delete, and 5" exhaust. Gf usec it one day and it blew the turbo hose off, never done this before. I stick it back on and poof it does it again. So i figure the vgt is sticking. I thought perfect time for goodies!!

Fastforward to yesterday i get the truck back. I had the shop put new full force stage 2 injectors in, new garrett powermax turbo, regulated return fuel line, sct livewire tuner, and a new boot kit. Well the mechanic puts it on street tune and he keeps blowing the turbo hose. Put it back on stock and it stayed supposedly.

I pick it up last night and its idling funny. Idles smooth for 30-40 seconds then has a bad lope that makes the whole truck shake for 30 seconds to a minute then smooth again. I notice the turbo flutters under no load and not at WOT. I get down the highway and never get on it at 60mph i notice when easing on the throttle the turbo flutters bad and continues to do it trying to get to speed. I slow down to turn then ease back in on the throttle and poof there goes the turbo hose... I need some suggestions as to what may be going on. Im tryin to learn about these things as i am pretty new. Any info would greatly be appreciated guys!

Thanks

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
You need a new turbo hose. You could clean it good and put some hairspray on it and it would hold for awhile though.

Derkperk

Reaction score
Who did the tuning with your fancy new sct?
If the boots blew off once, the need to be cleaned VERY well along with the pipe and reinstall ensuring there is NO oil on them. Crank them down and it should stick.

Hunterhewi

Reaction score
I have no idea who did the tuning its what came on the livewire. If i get some custom tunes would that help?

jtgf250

Reaction score
Hit up Quicktricks or Innovative for some custom tunes. You be disappointed. The boots are a pain in the butt always. Make sure the pipes are good and clean and crank them down as stated. With putting new injectors in, may just still air in the system and it will calm down once it is all out.

Hunterhewi

Reaction score
Ok cleaned the boots real good and sucked them down put the tune on 50hp tow. Truck flat runs on this setting and no more flutter and highway speeds. Got on it pretty hard burning tires and hoses stayed on!

Stroked777

Reaction score
My 04 did the same thing with the canned tunes on the SCT. Get custom tunes and you should be all set. Gearhead or innovative

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.