6.0 Extended start after STC, Standpipe, dummy plugs

johnp115

Reaction score
Been extra busy these last few days so ill be checking it out tomorrow to see what it is. Gonna start by checking the oil filter while cranking, checking the icp, ipr% with the Solus, then however that goes going to pull the valve covers and check the tightness on the standpipes and dummy plugs, then the injector o rings. if nothing is found there then ill have to get someone to do an air test

johnp115

Reaction score
IPR % is right at 85.
Icp when warm cranking is only at 220
Cold icp is 750. Leads me back to the fitting I'm guessing. Still haven't gotten the tool to do the air test but at this point I'm most likely gonna let someone else deal with it

johnp115

Reaction score
Did you replace the IPR screen when you did the fitting?

Yeah my friend works at ford and he did the IPR screen and whatever else goes on that. I did the stc fitting, which had the o ring on it, tightened and aligned the fitting, and replaced the o ring that the pump sits on.

Reaction score
Yeah my friend works at ford and he did the IPR screen and whatever else goes on that. I did the stc fitting, which had the o ring on it, tightened and aligned the fitting, and replaced the o ring that the pump sits on.

Other than the O ring one the fitting blowing out after the test drive, the only other thing I can think of is it flipped an o ring or two in the top of the injector. I've had a few do that after sealing up everything else.

johnp115

Reaction score
Did the air test. Sounded like the stand pipe that I didn't do. Replaced that, still not starting when warm and on top of that my radiator is cracked along the top. So it's officially going to a shop I'm done messing with it. Thanks everyone for the help and info on this thread.

johnp115

Reaction score
Forgot to come back and comment on this...
First off, the fitting wasn't on completely right... Woops that's my fault.
But when I had someone else look at my truck they found that all 8 of my injector o-rings were bad, two were severe he said. About 20k miles ago I got warrens 190/stock.

Latest posts

Members online