6.0 Gods... Please Convince Me!

Atsah

Reaction score
You say the history report is nice and clean.. Change all the the fluids, filters and drive it...

KPSquared

Reaction score
I am well aware that anything can go wrong with anything... I just wanted to know about the thing that everyone knows goes wrong ALOT.

There is a reason that a 2003 with a 7.3 in it is worth WAY more than the exact same truck with a 6.0... even with less miles. Around here anyway.

If there's enough people confident in the 6.0 then I am ok with going that direction. I don't want to give me cousin bad advice.

Even with a clean history report, isn't the EGR and head gaskets still a serious issue?

KPSquared

Reaction score
And I don't have a copy of the report. My friend just looked it up while I was standing there and that's what he told me. I have no reason not to believe him. We live in a small town (12,000) and the truck was purchased and serviced here. I can probably go talk to the original owner (there's only been 1) if I feel like it...

I'm confident that the truck is what it is and nothing is being hidden. I just want to know the best way to make it more reliable. Is there anything else thats a major concern on the 6.0?

Oh, and do I have to lift the cab for any of these upgrades? That could change his mind right there... We don't have a hoist and we don't generally pay for someone else to pull wrench. If I have to get a cab in the air for this stuff, that could be a game changer...

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I wasnt saying he was hiding anything but reading the report myself I can see everything, like what happened and why. They usually log all that. So why did it drop 3 injectors? We're they bad injectors from the factory, run bad diesel, or something wroing with the oil system? looking at an oasis I might can see why.

No, you do not have to pull the cab to do anything on a six liter. I just like pulling the cab because its so much easier...for me. Others find it not worth it. See all the room :D
2011-06-21_22-11-30_727.jpg

Deleting the egr is always good. Studding it is good to. However, this does not make it bullet proof. They are just things to give you an advantage for a little more abuse. His or your type of driving, abuse, and truck usuage really determine how far you need to go. Also oil changes and fuel filter changings and maintence in general are not something to be skempt out on. You or he whoever buying the truck takes care of it and will def. take care of you. It is for sure not a 7.3 where you can change the oil and filters every 100,000 miles LOL

KPSquared

Reaction score
Oh, and I talked to Vivian... turns out Oasis in the States doesn't work on Canadian VINs... guess I'll talk to the dealership again!

I'd like to know why the injectors crapped out as well...

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
You are splitting hairs

you should be much better off once the studs and egr delete are in place.

Anything can go wrong on anything at anytime

Im splitting hairs because I know what I put my truck through and I know exactly what the average 6.0 can take before it starts f'ing up. Even with everything I've done its not bullet proof. If my Gramps owned my truck it would never give him a lick of trouble, However its only 225s and a couple of turbos away from blowing the headgaskets. Im picky but im a different driver. Then again, I race my truck weekly and take it to the track atleast once a month. It's my toy I treat it like one and have done the preventive maintenece to ensure that it puts up with me. An egr delete and some studs over the factory job just wouldn't cut it...for me.:toast:

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Oh, and I talked to Vivian... turns out Oasis in the States doesn't work on Canadian VINs... guess I'll talk to the dealership again!

I'd like to know why the injectors crapped out as well...

Well, thats good to know! Maybe thats why your guy didn't call it an oasis LOL...My bad :flush:

Dalpilot

Reaction score
The injectors are very sensitive in the 6.0. Run some rev-x and you will take care of that. As far as needing an ER delete, great idea, but to delete the egr you only need 2 freeze plugs, not thousands of dollars worth of fancy stuff. One freeze plug in each end of the cooler to block the exhaust flow. If it ruptures then the egr cooler itself is just a resevoir. The fluid cannot go either direction. we have done hundreds of them. 2.00 worth of freeze plugs and some labor.

Do that, get you a coolant filter and run some rev-x for your injectors and you will have a very happy truck. When and if the heads go, stud it and its good for a few more hundred thou onn the odometer.

SaNnDnSurF

Reaction score
The injectors are very sensitive in the 6.0. Run some rev-x and you will take care of that. As far as needing an ER delete, great idea, but to delete the egr you only need 2 freeze plugs, not thousands of dollars worth of fancy stuff. One freeze plug in each end of the cooler to block the exhaust flow. If it ruptures then the egr cooler itself is just a resevoir. The fluid cannot go either direction. we have done hundreds of them. 2.00 worth of freeze plugs and some labor.

Thats how I did mine I've had no probs with this setup.

Dalpilot

Reaction score
See I just saved everyone hundreds of dollars. Now go get a big ass bag of candy for the kiddos for halloween. LOL

bigdirty

Reaction score
sorry off topic but how much rev x is needed for the 3 gallons pm if you want dalpilot

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.