6.0 injector question

range91

Reaction score
I have a buddy that has a 07 just over 100k on it and truck is throwing injectors 1 & 3 contribution with a misfire at idle. He has a air dog on the truck and it has failed twice and after the second time was when it started to intermitently mis. So the question i have is is it worth going after just the two or should i replace off or atleast pull all and inspect o-rings. Any insight would be apprectiated thanks.

patrick@WDI

Reaction score
My thought would be to pull the whole set out and have them gone through and modded, especially since the truck would already be down

Patrick@Warren Diesel

range91

Reaction score
My thought would be to pull the whole set out and have them gone through and modded, especially since the truck would already be down

Patrick@Warren Diesel

Well i know he wants stock injectors back in it do to its just a work truck...what does a set of your reman stocks run

patrick@WDI

Reaction score
$550 plus shipping (+$800 core)

Patrick@WDI

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

range91

Reaction score
Ford Remans, or.... just remanned cores?

big difference.

What is the difference? Does ford use new bodies? I was told fords have new coils on them compared to others are just tested electronically and if pass they get used.

Last edited:

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Ford uses new plungers, springs, spool valves, and coils/wiring/connectors. Basically every component thats known to fail or cause issues, is replaced. Ford remans are going to run you $1700 or so. Now you cans see where the difference enlies. But you do indeed pay for what you get. You must know reman core injectors will have a failure rate (maybe but maybe not), and if you need to ask yourself if that risk worth taking.

range91

Reaction score
Ford uses new plungers, springs, spool valves, and coils/wiring/connectors. Basically every component thats known to fail or cause issues, is replaced. Ford remans are going to run you $1700 or so. Now you cans see where the difference enlies. But you do indeed pay for what you get. You must know reman core injectors will have a failure rate (maybe but maybe not), and if you need to ask yourself if that risk worth taking.

Ok thanks for the info I priced out both for him so in the end it's his choice I'll let him know this info as well.

AirFishAutomotive

Reaction score
years ago I bought a set of diesel care and performance injectors set of 8, literally had 24 injectors in the truck before I could get it to even a set that would all run correctly. yes they kept sending injectors but jesus Christ they didn't ever get a complete set that would even let the truck run and 10k later they are pieces of **** again. you get what you pay for . go with aftermarket performance ones by a rep company or ford injectors and be done

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
It becomes a problem when you get people who "reman them" and dont know what the hell they are doing. I did a rebuild on a set for a local guy 20k miles ago and they still work very well like new, starts in negative temps like its nothing. Depends what kind of shape they're in before you rebuild them though. I wont touch them if there is any kind of scoring to the plunger's coating. I may not have all the testing tools to get real numbers. Just do it for fun and to help locals out who dont have $1700 or more to spend to get their truck to run properly.

The only remans I would buy are from a ford dealer or from D-tech. I've never had good luck with Alliant stuff.

Mdub707

Reaction score
My favorite are the ebay units that are "remans" but they just have new o-rings slapped on the outside and that's it...

Latest posts

Members online