6.0 lifters/pushrods

Mdub707

Reaction score
What's a good service interval on these things? As in, when would you replace them? I'm at 106k miles now, tuned for probably 80k of that... going to be pulling heads doing gaskets studs etc, think it's worth putting new lifters in? Anyone have the Ford P/N for the lifters?

I'm going to go with GoGo pushrods too, I think. Any other suggestions there? Heard of a couple guys running Smith Bros maybe? Anyone have a cost or a place to get those? I think I had heard they were a little less expensive?

Thanks guys.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
I have only seen lifter failures @ 175k and up.. But if your in there, why not...

Mdub707

Reaction score
What about those little bridge pieces that the rockers ride on? Anyone ever have one of those guys fail? They can't be terribly expensive? Really need some P/N's though...

Thanks!

Also, if anyone has any info on the smith bros pushrods, that'd be great! Like... where to get them and what they cost. I thought I had heard they do all sorts of custom stuff, and they're cheaper than the GoGo units?

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
bridges dont fail on these, No idea on part number or price because any engine I've touched that had them fail got a new engine...

06_Whitebull

Reaction score
I know you're looking at Smith rods, but FYI....

OEM Rods.....8c3z6565b......$3.74 ea.
OEM Lifters...3c3z6500aa....$31.90 ea.

06_Whitebull

Reaction score
they should come 4 in a set with the retainer for that price, I do not think they sell them each, as is you buy 16.

Yea, I'm confused on this one now.:confused: That lifter part # I have lists it as a single, but looking it up it's plural, as in more than one. I have another part #
8c3z6c329b that says it can't verify that the part fits an 06 6.0l but still available; it includes 4 lifters and the guide for $48.40.

Mdub707, you might call Tousley Ford, they have the best OEM prices hands down, with these numbers and talk to them about it.

06_Whitebull

Reaction score
I'm wondering if I should do the same thing, changing lifters and rods. I just turned 150,000 yesterday. But it's been stock until I bought it at 142,000 (SCT and a 58v FICM). I have a bunch of goodies comming and will be pulling everything off the top.

Mdub707

Reaction score
Hamilton Cams has pushrods too.

Any more info on these? Price? Larger than stock?

I know you're looking at Smith rods, but FYI....

OEM Rods.....8c3z6565b......$3.74 ea.
OEM Lifters...3c3z6500aa....$31.90 ea.

Sweet!

they should come 4 in a set with the retainer for that price, I do not think they sell them each, as is you buy 16.

That's good to know. So I would need 4 of that P/N to do the each head? So 8 total? Am I reading that right? Maybe I should just call up Tousley haha.

Yea, I'm confused on this one now.:confused: That lifter part # I have lists it as a single, but looking it up it's plural, as in more than one. I have another part #
8c3z6c329b that says it can't verify that the part fits an 06 6.0l but still available; it includes 4 lifters and the guide for $48.40.

Mdub707, you might call Tousley Ford, they have the best OEM prices hands down, with these numbers and talk to them about it.

Yeah, I'm going to have to do that. Or sunrise too, they've been pretty good to me and they're a site sponsor.

Awesome, thanks guys!

09stroker

Reaction score
They're $350 and made out of 4130 chromoly with hardened 8620 pressed in ends according to their website.
38cbef5e.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.