6.0 New FICM?

Stormtrooper421

Reaction score
Hey guys. So about a month ago my truck threw a CEL for a low injector circuit on all 8 cylinders. The next day i rechecked and it only showed a code for one cylinder. The next day the CEL was off and hasn't come back on since. The truck stars fine and runs fine but for the sake of being thorough and because im driving from Idaho to Texas and back im going to replace my FICM. So my question is which one should i go with. I know i want a 58v but I'm torn between the BPD and innovative. The BPD is $700 the innovative is $870 plus the $250 core charge. Is anyone running either of these FICM's that can give some input? Cosmetically im much more impressed with the BPD FICM and especially for the price but at the end of the day the function and reliability is what im most concerned about. Any input or info on either would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys :thumbsup:

slc dzl

Reaction score
I have been running the innovative 58v for two years without any issues whatsoever.
Do I think the 58v performs better than the 48v
I have no idea cant tell a difference.

There is also a sponsor here on psa called power-struck or something that sells just the replacement board for under $200.

Stormtrooper421

Reaction score
I have been running the innovative 58v for two years without any issues whatsoever.
Do I think the 58v performs better than the 48v
I have no idea cant tell a difference.

There is also a sponsor here on psa called power-struck or something that sells just the replacement board for under $200.

Awesome, thanks for the link dude. I've seen and heard about the FICM diy repair i just figured i'd replace it with a better one and slap a mild FICM tune on it. Do you have a FICM tune on your innovative and did you notice any change in cold starts?

slc dzl

Reaction score
No ficm tune, and colds start have been great.
one thing I did notice after I got the 58v is the injectors seem to cycle way louder and startup more crisp if that makes any sense.

Stormtrooper421

Reaction score
No ficm tune, and colds start have been great.
one thing I did notice after I got the 58v is the injectors seem to cycle way louder and startup more crisp if that makes any sense.

Awesome, that's exactly what i wanted to hear. My tuck is originally a California truck so it never saw very cold weather. With it getting into the teens at times here, even plugged in my truck was pretty bitchy on cold stars. It always started just felt like the thing was cammed.

Latest posts

Members online