6.0 no start

madmatt

Reaction score
hey guys dont come here much but have a 06 6.0 thats whipping my ass so signed up hoping for some help. Truck lost a ficm a few months back, installed a 58V swamps unit. all was fine for a while then the truck wouldnt start and showed no ficm voltage. sent ficm back to swamps and they replaced it. still no start but now showing plenty of Voltage. has good low oil pressure, good high side oil pressure, good fuel pressure. BUT when cranking will switch from ficm sync'd to not sync'd, will smoke and try to fire off but no luck. also when doing a buzz test we get circuit faults on all but 2 cylinders. traced wiring and checked plugs but nothing. any one help??
Thanks

G Racing

Reaction score
Either the injector coils got fried, bad wire in harness, bent connector pin, ficm not plugged all the way in, or ficm could still be bad.

madmatt

Reaction score
thanks for the reply. did forget to add that we had another 6.0 here with a good 58V ficm on it so we swapped with no different results

STROKER

Reaction score
I bet something in the injector harness is messed up. Do you have access to auto-enguiniety, if so I would buzz test the injectors.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

G Racing

Reaction score
I bet something in the injector harness is messed up. Do you have access to auto-enguiniety, if so I would buzz test the injectors.

He said they buzz tested the injectors and only 2 passed. The rest had bad circuits.

madmatt

Reaction score
I have a snap on solus pro and ford IDS and as stated ive buzzed tested it.

STROKER

Reaction score
He said they buzz tested the injectors and only 2 passed. The rest had bad circuits.

Doh missed that. Which two passed? I believe there is a ground wire on the harness too. Is it possible that it's not hooked up?

ncdzl

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I'm seeing more and more 58v issues lately.

Has anything else been altered besides ficm

madmatt

Reaction score
says sync'd at times and not at times. switches back and forth. we tried a fresh 58V that was ordered in for another truck and same thing. tires soooo hard and smokes pretty good but wont fire up and take off. we also swapped in a cam sensor from another running truck just for S&G's since I was told could be that. I hate to throw parts at anything but I'm stumped. I think 2&3 were the passing cylinders

ncdzl

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Possibility of 6 bad injectors....Have you gotten any bad fuel lately that you're aware of? Or got any that could've had gas mixed in? Reason I asked it happened at a few local bp stations within the past year

madmatt

Reaction score
fuel appears to be good but yes it seems as tho she smoked 6 injectors. thanks a ton guys. per G racing's suggestion we plugged a good spare in to a harness to a failing injector and then it passed the buzz. moved it to verify it wasnt a fluke and then that cylinder also passed the buzz test. damn guess i just had a hard time wrapping my head around the thought of 6 injectors all giving up out of the blue

Lassie

Reaction score
I don't think they gave up out of the blue. If they were failing with circuit faults (which is electrical), I'd say the FICM took em out.

Latest posts

Members online