6.0 Non studded tuning whats the best??

black'n'blue

Reaction score
If you know that the heads are completely flat, idp x street tune. If you are not 100% sure, get either their street tune or something comparable to it. If those heads are .002" out, it's not a question of if, but when. I'd recommend studs soon. Once you start doing the performance mods it's hard to stop and 3-5k is hard to justify now, but is necessary

Reaction score
2fb30a708cff470856fa48be6780dfc9.jpg

black'n'blue

Reaction score
Lol. Azzholes. The op didn't specify if the original hg's were in it or if they were done. My truck, when I bought it had just had the hg's done but tty bolts installed. I thought that the heads were checked for flatness but they weren't. Shocking, I know, but that's what I was told. I got idp's x street and blew them after 3k mi. I just figured the owner has more of an insight on his truck over me.

maxforce007

Reaction score
The truck has never bad the heads off to the best of my knowledge,but when I was in there yesterday I did notice something a little odd,the pass side pedestal bolt was missing in action...! So makes me think either someone at the factory wasn't paying attention to what their doing or either the turbo has been off for some reason?
Anyway,going to order my stuff this weekend. Would a php ficm tuner be better than say gearhead SRL ECM tuning on my stock engine? I was going to get the sct x4 for gauges and get those gearhead tunes but I just don't know which route to go..

Reaction score
The truck has never bad the heads off to the best of my knowledge,but when I was in there yesterday I did notice something a little odd,the pass side pedestal bolt was missing in action...! So makes me think either someone at the factory wasn't paying attention to what their doing or either the turbo has been off for some reason?
Anyway,going to order my stuff this weekend. Would a php ficm tuner be better than say gearhead SRL ECM tuning on my stock engine? I was going to get the sct x4 for gauges and get those gearhead tunes but I just don't know which route to go..
PHP ficm tune plus the performance canned sct tune runs pretty good.

maxforce007

Reaction score
Yeah I'm gonna go with the php ficm tuner for now with the other little mods I'm doin and when I get some studs then ill look at some hot tunes.
Right now while I was in the process of welding up my egr cooler I kind sorta found a tad of sand in my oil cooler so it's gettin tossed for a new ford one.. Fun stuff

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.