6.0 not maintaining ICP

genuineford

Reaction score
I have a friend that has an 03 6.0 and he asked me to check out his truck because of a lack of power. I threw it on my scanner and had no codes but checked desired ICP vs actual ICP and at wot it was approximately 100 psi too low. My first thought was a hpo leak but it does not have the usual hard starting when warm.

I know he recently had an oil cooler replaced in it I am thinking something may have gotten by the screen or is plugging the screen at the bottom of the oil cooler reservoir. What are all of your thoughts. I also know when my hpop took a dump it kept getting worse and worse as far as performance and starting when warm and this truck is not seeing that. It pretty much got bad and is staying there. My other thoughts were possibly ipr related but not sure on that either.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Its gunna get worse. I had one last week the pressures were 1200 psi apart. No start hot, but Cold fired right up. IPR was maxed out @ 84% at idle when it was op temp

Mdub707

Reaction score
What were all of the actual values? ICP desired was around 4000psi and ICP actual was at 3900? What was IPR?

genuineford

Reaction score
It was the hpop. I replaced it yesterday and the truck is running great again.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online