6.0 Oil Aeration

Callen11

Reaction score
Have been chasing this problem on my 2006 psd 6.0 and I think I got it figured out. I think I may have created the problem. I bought a truck wrecked and oil pan and windage tray that holds the pick up tube we're damaged. No big deal changed them both truck started idled fine good to go I figured. To make along story short this thing would miss if rpm was up over 1200 for say 20 seconds. Well I replaced a lot of things injectors hpop icp ipr ebp sensor welded up egr cooler have swapped ficms. Then someone told me about aeration of the oil so I drove it today and as soon as I got off the highway after it had been missing I pulled the stick and there was a fair amount of bubbles on it. What I'm asking is if the oring wasn't on the pick up tube or it had a slight crack I didn't see would this truck even run and are the bubbles I'm seeing normal?

Big Angry Hillbilly

Reaction score
Overfill engine oil by 2-3 quarts.

Jack back of truck in air. High up.

Start truck and run at 1500 for 20 seconds or however long you said it took to run like poop.

Return to idle and evaluate idle quality.

This immerses the pickup tube seal in oil eliminating the opportunity for it to suck air.

Don't forget to drain the extra oil out after.

Callen11

Reaction score
I went to try the test today but before I tried I wanted to see if I could make it miss without any load. So I pulled it up a stone pile nose first and held it at 2,000 rpm for about one minute and it didn't miss. Jumped out real quicke and pulled stick and it had clusters of bubbles on it. Is this normal on these trucks?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.