6.0 oil leak "shocker"

96blowncobra

Reaction score
I have whats strange to me a oil leak but it doesnt lose enough to show on the dip stick over say 5 thousand miles. It's Coming from some where on the front of the engine, opr and crank pulley seem to be wet and from there it just blows back with the wind I guess. There is moisture from basically the crank pulley back but I can't pin point it. Any help?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

96blowncobra

Reaction score
Its progressively gotten worse over say 6 months.... started out a the underside had a little oil so no biggie then it was maybe 3 drops over a 12-14 hour period now its 6-7 drops in 20 minutes

suprdzlduty

Reaction score
look behind the front cover, where it mates to the block, in the area of the cam sensor. they will leak there quite often...also on the other side where the crank sensor is...also check the orings on the cam sensor...those will rot away and cause a nice leak also...

96blowncobra

Reaction score
Found it..... turns out it is my oil cooler leaking. I cleaned everything off and I mean everything and sat and watched! After about 2 minutes I could see oil slowly coming from the oil cooler.

Latest posts

Members online