6.0 problems

aaronsimms637

Reaction score
It's unplugged it reads the same thing no matter what. Do I know it's bad could that be a problem? Everything I've read said the computer ignores it

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
the computer uses it for vgt actuation, it is only inferred on early trucks. It should be reading really close to map and baro pressures. Ford says 1.5 psi, but typically within .5 psi

aaronsimms637

Reaction score
Maybe that's why vgt duty cycle is 78% at ide. My ebps shows 55 psi koeo so I'm pretty sure it's bad. I just ordered the autoenginuitie Ford plus so I'll hook it up and check cam signal and do the cylinder contribution test and make sure everything's good there.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
If your ebp is reading that high, it needs to be replaced. I would replace the pigtail as well while you are in there, as they tend to get corroded. That is more than likely your problem.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Get ford/motorcraft stuff. I dont trust aftermarket crap at all with sensors and what not.

aaronsimms637

Reaction score
I fixed it tonight found the problem the other day the back plug on the ficm wasnt snaped on 1 side. Snapped it innstarted it up and runs like a charm. Thanks for all the help

kwelch08

Reaction score
What's funny is I started having the same problems today and the bolts holding my ficm down was missing the nuts and came unplugged in the back.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

kwelch08

Reaction score
Yeah I've been monitoring my ficm voltage has been dropping lately so I thought it finally went out.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

aaronsimms637

Reaction score
6.0Tech hows that watermeth do on ur truck? Had it on my 7.3 made a big difference have it on my ecoboost and put the snow stage2 from my 7.3 on dads 6.7 and didnt make a differnce at all

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
It is pretty nice. You can feel the power difference when you roll into it and.it turns on. With a 50/50 mix, it doesnt drop temps down really at all, but when i tow i put straight water in for big climbs, that drops it a couple hundred degrees. I use it sparingly cause im using my wwasher resevoir to hol it and it runs dry pretty quick.

aaronsimms637

Reaction score
I use washer fluid. my ecoboost wud drain my gallon tank on the way to work and back and my 7 3 had that 3qt tank and it wouldnt last 10 minutes on the interstate. Suprised me how much they suck it down. I Was thinking about getting it for my 6 0 i dont need anymore power just to keep egts down. i took it for a drive today popped the map. Tube off then on my second run around the block popped the uppipes off the turbo. So gotta fix that and a fuel leak tomorrow and ill be set. Like tobget it dynoed ill post results
Ps a open upiped 6.0 sounds amazing 😀

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Im also using washer fluid. I get the motorcraft -20 stuff pretty cheap at work. Ive heard -20 is about 49% methanol. But the mix does nothingfor temps i noticed, definitely a kick in the seat when you roll into it light enough to watch the gauge clumb though. When you floor it so it hits the on boost immediately, cant really feel a damn thing :)

Latest posts

Members online