6.0 programmer question

kealiher2004

Reaction score
Does anyone know if i can stack programmers on my 2004 6.0? I currently have a inline hypertech and someone in my area has a superchip they are selling reasonable. Thanks for any feed back.

swinky

Reaction score
No no no no no.

If the superchips is the red flashpaq then we've had great luck with them on non studded trucks.

sootie

Reaction score
just get an SCT 3000 or 3015 and run Gearhead custom tunes on it. You will end up with more power, better mileage and awesome shifting which is far better than stacking will ever get you.

6.0xcursion

Reaction score
^ same, get a SCT tuner. - however I have always gone back to my Innovative Diesel tunes. They ran better then any other custom tune I've had.

kealiher2004

Reaction score
It is the red flashpaq. I do plan to buy a good tunner at some point. Its just extreamly cheap and wondered if it would work. I knew u could with the dmax.

swinky

Reaction score
I'm a strong believer in the superchips for non studded trucks. We've had them on two different trucks for 4-5 years never leave the performance setting even when towing and not a single transmission or head gasket issue.

Gearhead custom tunes on an sct is best if you want to spend the money.

My truck will never see another innovative tune as long as I own it.

Many people love Eric's tunes, his customer service has been great I just think it's too aggressive for my driving style.

sootie

Reaction score
used tuners can be had for 200-300 and a single tune file will likely be 150-175

kealiher2004

Reaction score
I know i am running the risk sence i havent studded it yet and it has 220k on it. But until they leak i see no pointin changing the. This truck is just a fun toy for me. I have a brandnew truck but really enjoy driving this truck!

sootie

Reaction score
there is a used livewire ts in the classifieds right now for a steal. it will hold custom tunes and it also has canned tunes.

kealiher2004

Reaction score
If i buy the used livewire from the member on here can the loaded tunes to his vin be removed so those slots are availible for tunes to my vin?

sootie

Reaction score
yes. just hook it up to the computer and when you go to install your custom tunes, just overwrite the ones that are there.

6.0xcursion

Reaction score
you just send them from the on device side to the load side using the -> <- arrows. then hit program. A little different for the TS and X4. but still easy and a heck of a deal.

Its all personal preference when coming to who you want tuning from, try them out see what one or who you like best.

kealiher2004

Reaction score
Thank you guys. I ended up buying the livewire ts that was listed in classifieds. He also had the ficm programmer. Super excited to get this hooked up to my truck. I am sure ill end up doing head studs sooner than later! :)

kealiher2004

Reaction score
Got this installed on my truck today... wow complete differance. Going 15-20mpg and layinto the throttle and truck goes crazy 30 ft possy rubber drifting down the road. Insaine...

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Got this installed on my truck today... wow complete differance. Going 15-20mpg and layinto the throttle and truck goes crazy 30 ft possy rubber drifting down the road. Insaine...

Enjoy I would get gearhead custom tunes for it as it's "safer" on the truck then the SCT canned stuff also you'll have better shifting and more power.

Latest posts

Members online