6.0 running great!

Mcrafty1

Reaction score
Lots a negative stuff here so here's a positive......I have been running my 6.0 for nearly a year now with ZERO issues.....it's stock and runs like a bear, averages 16-17 mpg and does everything I ask of it whats NOT to like about that? If this thing keeps running like it has been I think I'll get a tuner and see if THAT will help lift the heads or at least speed up the wrenching process, this fueling and driving is getting boring LOL

fordboy11

Reaction score
Haha that's what I like to hear man. Good to hear, definitely would get a SCT tuner with some custom tunes from anyone in the vendor section.

Mcrafty1

Reaction score
Haha that's what I like to hear man. Good to hear, definitely would get a SCT tuner with some custom tunes from anyone in the vendor section.
Yeah that's what I'm talking about! I'm thinking something that will get me up over 500 HP and 900 Ft LBS of torque:jawdrop:.....I'm pinned into my 34 Ft travel trailer and ready to rock and roll! ..I prolly don't have time before I pull out for the holiday weekend but you can be sure I'll be rollin' coal the next time you hear from me.:rockon:

Mcrafty1

Reaction score
Well it happened....I went and pulled my travel trailer up hill and down, for a 60 mile run to the lake site and the deltas never got more than twelve* apart.....the thing ran like a bear, and before I knew it I was there......with all my Ford Gold still in the cooling system:shrug: and the mileage meter on 15.3 mpg! and that was in tow/haul mode (for the added braking power) I just don't know what I'm going to do to this truck..(If it was a women I'd make wild passionate love to it) but I'll have to settle for enjoying the smooth comfortable ride and dependable power the stock 6.0 is capable of producing.:joy: Have a great Memorial weekend and don't forget to say special prayer for our brave soldiers who are serving at home and abroad!:bowfast:

alradco

Reaction score
I think a lot of 6.0's have a bad rap. My sister daily drives a 6.0 excursion and has no problems at all.

Mcrafty1

Reaction score
I think a lot of 6.0's have a bad rap. My sister daily drives a 6.0 excursion and has no problems at all.
I believe you're right.......a lot of these guys are their own worst enemy.. imho
Ford already has these engines putting out 65 hp more than International was getting out of em' and then when they try and pump them up more and they blow the heads off of them they are a POS....go figure.

Stroked777

Reaction score
My truck before my 08 was a 04 6.0, 40 inch tires all of it's life and stock everything and never had a issue in the 80k I owned it. I would get another 6.0 in a heart beat

Mcrafty1

Reaction score
My truck before my 08 was a 04 6.0, 40 inch tires all of it's life and stock everything and never had a issue in the 80k I owned it. I would get another 6.0 in a heart beat
Nice! they're out there, it's just that the owners aren't on these forums bashing Ford and the POS 6.0 because it works so GOOD.

Mcrafty1

Reaction score
Oh no, I have to start the 6.0 and take a 40 mile ride to of all places the dentist, and even the dentist can't make me not be happy about the trip! I will take ANY excuse to drive my 6.0 there are no bad excuses.

Mcrafty1

Reaction score
Oh no, I have to start the 6.0 and take a 40 mile ride to of all places the dentist, and even the dentist can't make me not be happy about the trip! I will take ANY excuse to drive my 6.0 there are no bad excuses.
Great day with the 6.0!.....100 mile run and 16.6 mpg (figured manually of course) and the truck/engine performed flawlessly, I love this truck....trying to find my next excuse to drive it already and it hasn't even cooled off yet...lol.:joy:

Snake

Reaction score
......I have been running my 6.0 for nearly a year now with ZERO issues.....it's stock and runs like a bear, averages 16-17 mpg and does everything I ask of it whats NOT to like about that? If this thing keeps running like it has been I think I'll get a tuner and see if THAT will help lift the heads or at least speed up the wrenching process, this fueling and driving is getting boring LOL

Nearly a year. LOL

Mcrafty1

Reaction score
You know a truck isn't reliable when you call it reliable after only a couple of trouble free months.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Yeah, Id be more inclined to agree with you if the PO hadn't put the first 100,000 miles on it without any problems...but since that's how it went I believe it deserves to be called reliable, they're out there if you want to look.:clapping:

Turd-250

Reaction score
Well it happened....I went and pulled my travel trailer up hill and down, for a 60 mile run to the lake site and the deltas never got more than twelve* apart.....the thing ran like a bear, and before I knew it I was there......with all my Ford Gold still in the cooling system:shrug: and the mileage meter on 15.3 mpg! and that was in tow/haul mode (for the added braking power) I just don't know what I'm going to do to this truck..(If it was a women I'd make wild passionate love to it) but I'll have to settle for enjoying the smooth comfortable ride and dependable power the stock 6.0 is capable of producing.:joy: Have a great Memorial weekend and don't forget to say special prayer for our brave soldiers who are serving at home and abroad!:bowfast:

sure is good to hear something good on teh 6.0 lol

swinky

Reaction score
Yeah, Id be more inclined to agree with you if the PO hadn't put the first 100,000 miles on it without any problems...but since that's how it went I believe it deserves to be called reliable, they're out there if you want to look.:clapping:

I have an 03 with 225k. Between the lifters, hpops, head gaskets, egr, injectors....... I'd say they aren't reliable in stock form.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online