6.0 starting problems after work

range91

Reaction score
I replaced stand pipes, stc and oil cooler and now am having starting problems. The truck starts but if it sits for more than a minute truck takes a long time to refire. IPR duty cycle go's to 85% and icp slowly climbs to 200ish then jumps up real fast and fires. I pulled oil filter and cranked seems to fill kinda of slow to me i figures it would be faster. I dont think i have a HPO leak do to it fires right back up if i shut the truck off and resart within a minute. Any help would be great.

range91

Reaction score
I pulled HPOP off and found nothing wrong with the work there. I applied shop pressure to branch tube while pump was off and cant here any signs of leaking in valve covers. Am i dealing with a bad ipr?

Irontx

Reaction score
Icp is 200..... and ipr jumps to 85%...... its doing what its suppose to do.

range91

Reaction score
takes long time to get to 200 then once it reaches that then seems to take off. At 85% ipr you can slowly watch icp climb just 5 or so psi at a time while cranking and after about 30 seconds finally it will start. I have never diagnosed a bad ipr but sure acts like its not going full 85 percent mechanically just says it in the scanner that computer is asking for that thence the slow climb?

Latest posts

Members online