6.0 Starts then Dies

RNally

Reaction score
Had a customer tow a truck in that the engine was replaced in and cab lifted off of. Made sure everything was hooked back up, all fluids full, reprogrammed and FICM, PCM, all that good stuff.

ICP cranking is over 1,000
FICM V is 48

I can get the truck to fire, but it dies after a second. If i gas it, it will continue to run anywhere from 5 to 8 seconds, but then completely dies.

Brand new batteries as well. However, cranking the batteries drop to low 11 V's, when the truck fires and I run it up to around 2,800 RPMS, the ALT is right around 12.2 V

No codes of course. Anyone have any ideas on where to even begin?

webb06

Reaction score
Sounds like it's not getting fuel. May be vapor locked inside the heads. You could try removing the rear fuel passage plugs to evacuate the air but they're no fun to get to.

That's where I'd start.

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
are all of your grounds hooked up and tight.

also when you cycle the key does the dash stay lite or does it fade out like batteries are dead?

Gary

Reaction score
I'd check the connectors on the FICM and make sure their snapped in. Then you said "reprogrammed and FICM, PCM, all that good stuff" so what exactly was done to the FICM and PCM, and what is the good stuff?

Jdiamond

Reaction score
I know it's an old post. But did you ever get it figure out? I'm having a very similar issue but I can't get it to stay running even if I gas it. Ficm is good, 60 psi of fuel pressure, ficm sync and sync, the only thing that's weird is the ipr is at 85% and the icp is at 2900psi while cranking and icp v koeo is .20. It doesn't start with the icp unplugged either

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.