6.0 Tow Recipe

IIVonnyII

Reaction score
few points to add to this, as a few have said , definitely look at the odawgs intake manifold , throw a colt stage 2 cam in there.. motors gotta come out to do this , do the valve springs and push rods now, get all the valves set for the cam. its easier to do this over rather than twice and break something. if you want to tow like the way you are indicating, compounds is your only option. not to throw numbers at you , but a 363sxe under a .. maybe s475sxe in that ballpark coupled with a 175/30 or 175/55 injector would put you right around the 525 wheel mark . it would have great street manners and pull like a crazed ape. but at that level and having the ' worry free mindset ' regarding towing , I know you mentioned a bts trans, I don't know if youre referring to a 4r or 5r. for towing, keep the 5r, make sure it has either a PI converter or DPC. with the driven diesel reg return , get the fuel bowl ****** model . it opens up the top of the engine immensely . heck , throw a atlas40 ficm tune in there. it can only help.

oh and a x2 on the OEM t-stat. they are the only 'fail open' tstats around. what do you use for monitoring ECT ? one thing ive seen is the factory temp sensors get old and tired. I bet if you put a new sensor and tstat in , it will show 192* on the button.

Last edited:

Arkansas89

Reaction score
few points to add to this, as a few have said , definitely look at the odawgs intake manifold , throw a colt stage 2 cam in there.. motors gotta come out to do this , do the valve springs and push rods now, get all the valves set for the cam. its easier to do this over rather than twice and break something. if you want to tow like the way you are indicating, compounds is your only option. not to throw numbers at you , but a 363sxe under a .. maybe s475sxe in that ballpark coupled with a 175/30 or 175/55 injector would put you right around the 525 wheel mark . it would have great street manners and pull like a crazed ape. but at that level and having the ' worry free mindset ' regarding towing , I know you mentioned a bts trans, I don't know if youre referring to a 4r or 5r. for towing, keep the 5r, make sure it has either a PI converter or DPC. with the driven diesel reg return , get the fuel bowl ****** model . it opens up the top of the engine immensely . heck , throw a atlas40 ficm tune in there. it can only help.

oh and a x2 on the OEM t-stat. they are the only 'fail open' tstats around. what do you use for monitoring ECT ? one thing ive seen is the factory temp sensors get old and tired. I bet if you put a new sensor and tstat in , it will show 192* on the button.

I thought with compounds you would need 205cc or larger injectors to get enough fuel? As for the t-stat, Mishimoto fails open...and IF it fails or doesn't hold advertised temp, it gets replaced for free with paid shipping...for life

IIVonnyII

Reaction score
I thought with compounds you would need 205cc or larger injectors to get enough fuel? As for the t-stat, Mishimoto fails open...and IF it fails or doesn't hold advertised temp, it gets replaced for free with paid shipping...for life

fair enough on the tstat. and nope, not if you properly size your chargers , anything is possible. cc size doesn't really matter, nozzle size is whats important

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.