6.0 Transplant Info

Sniper32

Reaction score
I tried putting this in 6.0 Tech and Engine Conversion but got nothing...maybe ill have better luck here.

So Ive been dreaming of starting a project for awhile now, and with any luck i should be able to get started next year. BUT i need to figure a few things out first. primarily powertrain...

Im wanting to transplant a 6.0L into an old truck for a resto-mod, but would like to keep the interior close to original style...which means no modern guage clusters. I had a thought about using a 6.4, but talking to a few buddies that would need the cluster to work.

So my question is, Can I transplant a 6.0 into a older vehicle WITHOUT having to use the OEM cluster. The replacement will be a Dakota Digital cluster that has an OBDII port and has ports for all necessary sending units.

I know there have been a few shops that have done similar things (ie PSE and Lead Foor), and have tried to contact both for info. I got a little back from lead foot and nothing from PSE. So please post PERSONAL knowledge/experience.

let me know what you think, thanks again
Jon

6.0 p-stroke

Reaction score
A 6.0 will run without a cluster plugged in, I don't know if it makes it run different though. I know Matt at cutting edge doesn't have a cluster in his ranger and Dorian at PSE doesn't run a cluster either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.