6.0 Water Pump---Post your carnage

Zmann

Reaction score
I know some fail I have seen pics
I was wondering if it's varied vendors and materials play into why some do and some don't fail ?

Mdub707

Reaction score
That I'm not sure. I know just judging from my coolant flow to my veggie tank, my system is working WAY better than it was before, but I replaced a ton of parts so hard to say if any one thing fixed it. I am seeing similar heat to the tank now that guys were seeing when they put in auxilary bosch coolant pumps down on the frame though...

We need to get Mike in here... he's running a BPD water pump and a vegistroke.

Zmann

Reaction score
i wonder how the 15 pass 6.0 vans were plumbed heating wise ?
and if they used an aux core did they use a remote pump ?

Buellstunter

Reaction score
I have an 05 and seemed to have poor coolant flow. I had flushed the system and it has a new radiator in it but still seemed weak. So I Went to the pump cause the previous owner seemed to neglect things and with 205,xxx on the truck I figured it should be checked. But the Previous owner must have put in an aftermarket brand at some point. Not sure of brand. I had already purchased one from my local advanced auto parts store and after getting the truck apart noticed the one in the truck had a plastic/ composite impeller and it was 98mm in dia. and the one I had bought from advanced had an aluminum impeller that was the same design as the stock impeller but was 99.8mm. It seemed to make a diff in the cooling of my truck though. And I felt better having the aluminum imprllar Vs the plastic, the cost was around $120. Just my 2 cents.

SmokedF747

Reaction score
Question regarding this issue: yesterday my truck started puking, already has studs done, egr deleted, didnt notice any different temps cause it just happened and it's parked at the moment, but its puking coolant and i opened cap and it bubbled a little and then the whole bottle was full of coolant, to the point where loosening the cap make coolant pour out, the coolant bottle also looks like a soda bottle left in the sun, not MUCH bloating, but a small noticeable amount, waterpump? thermostat? dont want to jump right to the gun of saying HG's went bye bye....again... thanks for the help

SmokedF747

Reaction score
temps were fine 194ect and 200eot its an 06 6.0 when i get home ill check the edge cts to see what the max it was but i dont remember seeing it above 200 degrees and i was on a 3 hr trip a day before that with no issues.

SmokedF747

Reaction score
Pressure tested the truck, HG's are fine, How do I tell if the thermostat is stuck, or how can i tell if its an issue with the water pump

Snake

Reaction score
If you've actually looked at it and can tell it's fine, that's good. I think some guys have pumps falling apart and never notice it. The cooling system is really good on these. Some guys have founds parts of their pumps in their coolant filters and never had any other symptoms. I think Mike (Snake) had this happen.

I did, yes. Lots of small plastic pieces came out of the cooling system. Further investigation revealed a slowly disintegrating impeller, which also explained the decreased performance I'd experienced over the previous 12-18 months. Not enough to notice if it weren't for the veggie oil kit.

And I decided that I couldn't live without a Bulletproof Diesel water pump. :D

OP - yes, they are worth the money.

Latest posts

Members online