6.0 zf6 builds! What's your setup?

Super Diesel

Reaction score
Wow man that's awesome how is it on the street?

It drives great. Turbo lights around 1600-1800 RPMs. The dyno sheet (when I get it, I'll post it) shows that the turbo starts to light shortly after 1600, but that's when it's WOT. I don't drive WOT, so I'd say the turbo starts to light around 1800 under my normal driving habits.

The clutch took a little getting used to when I first got it back, but now I can drive anywhere smoke free - which is awesome. One thing I highly recommend (when going with bigger injectors) is getting a custom FICM tune from PHP. Not the generic "Atlas 40" or "Hercules 100" FICM tunes, get a custom FICM tune for your specific injectors. Made a HUGE difference on my truck. Lowered EGTs by 200* across the board. No joke.

Yeah Chris those are some great numbers, and a sharp truck for sure! And I gotta say its awesome that you're still running the mtw, though last time we were talking you were thinking king about throwing a vision turbo on there what happened to that?

Also is there a reason why php bill looked like he was at Mardi gras?

Haha, yeah... I bought a pimp hat, sunglasses, and boas for Bill to wear while dynoing my truck. The **** he puts up with from me... :axe:

Thank you for the compliments! And as far as the MadMax goes, ya know... it runs amazing. I had some tuning issues at the beginning, and I was not happy. But Drew from Backroad Performance (just realized I put Backyard on my list of mods) absolutely nailed it. The truck runs so good right now. I love it. I don't want to change a thing about it. I think a 68 spools too slow on manuals, sure they make great power - but I need quickness.

Adrian and I have talked about switching the setup. He'd love to see what a 68 would do on it, and I don't want to touch it. Haha! Most guys at the PHP event were running 68's or bigger. One guy even had Barder's Stage 4, and his truck sounded incredible. Think it put down 669rwhp (w/ 190/100s I believe) - but the tuning wasn't right; he had put down almost 700 with a Barder 68 a few weeks prior with the same setup.

Strokin89

Reaction score
Mad max is non vgt right? I'm really looking into goin non vgt just don't know if I'll like the response behind a stick.

2005 F250 6.0 powerstroke, 6 speed manual, egr delete, arp head studs, new oil cooler, aftermarket coolant filter, custom intake, 4" down pipe into dual 6" stacks, 8" lift, TSD super panty dropper tune.

Strokin89

Reaction score
Oh ok

2005 F250 6.0 powerstroke, 6 speed manual, egr delete, arp head studs, new oil cooler, aftermarket coolant filter, custom intake, 4" down pipe into dual 6" stacks, 8" lift, TSD super panty dropper tune.

Super Diesel

Reaction score
I'm interested to see how William likes the 71 - maybe it won't spool any slower than a 68. If that's the case, we should all just skip the 68 and go straight to a stage 4. haha!

djberg

Reaction score
I think compounds would be or saving grace for big turbos, but I also think there would be an absolute must for rods as well, especially since we play in the lower rpms and no torque converter to off set the power load.

william_ace

Reaction score
The more I think about it, the more I don't want to mess with my setup. I think before I step up to a bigger turbo, I am going to do no limit cold side pipe and some BD manifolds and some different tuning to try and aide in spool up. If I go bigger turbo, then I am going to also want bigger sticks, which means bigger oil etc etc. As you all know, it is never ending. Right now with my 205/100s I can hold 4.4ICP on WOT runs.

Super Diesel

Reaction score
The more I think about it, the more I don't want to mess with my setup. I think before I step up to a bigger turbo, I am going to do no limit cold side pipe and some BD manifolds and some different tuning to try and aide in spool up. If I go bigger turbo, then I am going to also want bigger sticks, which means bigger oil etc etc. As you all know, it is never ending. Right now with my 205/100s I can hold 4.4ICP on WOT runs.

You still running that live tune from TSD?

william_ace

Reaction score
^^ I sure am. It could use a little tweaking, but I'm okay with it for now. Like you said earlier, I've learned how to drive it with virtually 0 smoke. Although, if I need to pass someone quickly it will smoke.

You think your ficm tune helps out a pretty good bit?

Super Diesel

Reaction score
You think your ficm tune helps out a pretty good bit?

Bro, night and day. Once Jay tuned my FICM for my injectors, the truck ran so much better. Not to mention, EGTs dropped across the RPM range by about 200*. I did lose "some" bottom end grunt, but I still have plenty of power up top. DEFINITELY worth it.

Strokin89

Reaction score
How y'all feel bout ficm tuning on stock sticks? It worth it? Been thinking bout getting the php ficm tuner

william_ace

Reaction score
Bro, night and day. Once Jay tuned my FICM for my injectors, the truck ran so much better. Not to mention, EGTs dropped across the RPM range by about 200*. I did lose "some" bottom end grunt, but I still have plenty of power up top. DEFINITELY worth it.

I'm not too sure I could afford to have anymore low end power pulled. It's already pretty lady as-is. I think I need to ask Chris if he can revise the tune to close the veins a little more down low. Maybe that would help.

djberg

Reaction score
How y'all feel bout ficm tuning on stock sticks? It worth it? Been thinking bout getting the php ficm tuner

stock sticks, with a ficm tuner? oh hell yeah that's gonna make you a happy, happy boy. the ecm tune you stack on top will have a bunch of influance on how it plays out. some of hte better straight ecm tunes will only bennifit from the atlas 40, but the herculies is hot and smokey but that stacked on the stock sct performance or like bill's 140x, OH YEAH!!!! that's what ate my 1950cbk,and pushed me to the 3250 dual organic. though i have no clue how ficm tuning would interact with the h&s tuning(just realized youre not a sct tuned truck). would be interesting to know, how they act together. but the bottom power is mind boggling on stock sticks.

Strokin89

Reaction score
I have sct the 08 is h&s I'm running the super panty dropper right now

djberg

Reaction score
yar me eye patch was on the wrong eye... opps.

yeah i let a guy at some local pulls use my ficm tuner since i had no way to get my truck home if i broke it... but he was running the spd, and after trying it with all the different ficm tunes he ended up going spd and herculies, but that was for a single pull. as for daily street idk. i pretty much run the stock sct 65 tow on the atlas 40 for shed hauling and 140x on atlas 80 for street, once in a while the herculies but that tends to waste fuel, tires and smoke the town out a bit....

honestly if i were you and could drop another $475, id order the tuner and a 140x, and just run the performance sct and herculies, that will keep ya plenty happy for a good while.

Strokin89

Reaction score
Hahaha nice. Im thinking of getting the php ficm tuner

Strokin89

Reaction score
Researched it liked it better than idp

Super Diesel

Reaction score
I'm not too sure I could afford to have anymore low end power pulled. It's already pretty lady as-is. I think I need to ask Chris if he can revise the tune to close the veins a little more down low. Maybe that would help.

Ah, I see... try getting Chris to tweak the vanes, like you said - but also, try out Drew's tunes. Think I'm running his "Raped Ape" tune. It might run better than the TSD tune.

Strokin89

Reaction score
What's drews company called?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.