6.0 zf6 builds! What's your setup?

william_ace

Reaction score
Ah, I see... try getting Chris to tweak the vanes, like you said - but also, try out Drew's tunes. Think I'm running his "Raped Ape" tune. It might run better than the TSD tune.

I need to try that. I've only ever run one tune that wasn't written by Chris B. The tune I'm running now was from a live tune session a few months ago and runs really well, but I had him pull some fuel down low and mid range to try and curb the smoke. I believe this also took away some low end power. Could you PM me Drew's contact info?

Super Diesel

Reaction score
Sorry, can't get on PSA at work and I don't always get on here when I get home...

What's drews company called?

Backroad Performance

I need to try that. I've only ever run one tune that wasn't written by Chris B. The tune I'm running now was from a live tune session a few months ago and runs really well, but I had him pull some fuel down low and mid range to try and curb the smoke. I believe this also took away some low end power. Could you PM me Drew's contact info?

I'll see if I have his contact info and get it to you. What FICM tune are you running again?

obsdan

Reaction score
My setup is 190/75 injectors, fass fuel with fuel lab reg return kc68 turbo, thumper pump stage 1 I have the tsd spd tune it runs strong up top but lacks a lot in the low end turbo lights around 2400-2500 seems it comes on late any ideas?? I'll try to get a video this week

sootie

Reaction score
My setup is 190/75 injectors, fass fuel with fuel lab reg return kc68 turbo, thumper pump stage 1 I have the tsd spd tune it runs strong up top but lacks a lot in the low end turbo lights around 2400-2500 seems it comes on late any ideas?? I'll try to get a video this week

have you discussed it with your tuner? i would try some Gearhead tunes...

obsdan

Reaction score
Just got the raped ape tune but now I'm having issues with my turbo building only 18lbs gotta figure it out ASAP! Just a stupid leak somewhere I hope does anyone have any videos of their trucks???

djberg

Reaction score
it's been a while, but i'm finally getting around to building my engine, i've got two cores to build from, pretty much which ever one has the better bore. but im building this to work on it.

16465350177_703c4d01e4_c.jpg
IMG_20150227_164338297 by my04cclbstroker, on Flickr

and after a long search i finally found a billet stage two from colt. and so it's here too. springs and rods are in the mail now. i guess, that ford doubled the price of their cams, so geoff couldnt keep up with the demand he's got for cams. the next batch he should have out to his retailers around april.

16465353157_74f73e8475_c.jpg
IMG_20150226_164009255 by my04cclbstroker, on Flickr

the rest of the bottom end is gonna be balanced, and sticking with the rest of my current goodies other than a set of 175or190/30's.

05wh250

Reaction score
I'm building a motor stand like that. Looks good. I'm trying to figure out how to use a timing gear set and chain to turn it, so you don't have to man handle it, just haven't gotten that far yet.

djberg

Reaction score
I've thought about it as well, the closest thing I have come up with but have been to lazy to source would be a boat lift gear thingy. I think that would be about perfect. Then make it impact gun driven for the ultimate in laziness.

05wh250

Reaction score
I've thought about it as well, the closest thing I have come up with but have been to lazy to source would be a boat lift gear thingy. I think that would be about perfect. Then make it impact gun driven for the ultimate in laziness.

That's really the only thing I could think of, and we have a few from SBC, so they are plentiful. Just need the correct size bearing and some time to mount and finish it.

If you come up with something be sure to post it, I might steal your idea! Lol.

I saw your doing a can, what else are you doing?

I'm debating rods in mine, I'm close to the borderline, but that's alot of coin to drop.

djberg

Reaction score
Coin, exactly... Rods are one hell of a chunk. Pretty much for now its just gonna be the cam and balancing the bottom end. Maybe later this year if shed sales are good I might have a set of heads ported, and drop them in later. The onlybreql big other mod is an owdawg intake, again that will he after I get the truck back up and making money she's eatin quite a bit just to get to where she is now. If I stumble across a cheap project truck I do want to build another bottom end with rods, and run a pair of vt275 compounds on it, one set per bank. Shouldn't be to hard to get on there just finding good used vt275 turbos are not that easy.... Then with all that added bottom end cylinder pressure i think rods will be a must. And I'm contemplating some RCD wrist pins, that seems like a good theory for our trucks. But I haven't found much feed back on them yet either.

oilfieldtrash15

Reaction score
For any body here, has anyone tried to run a 5" exhaust? Does it fit? I currently have a silverline 4" exhaust with 3.5" down pipe and a muffler. I really like how my friends 4" flow-pro with down pipe fit (zf-6 truck as well). I was hoping it would be possible to fit the 4" down pipe and 5" exhaust.

oilfieldtrash15

Reaction score
I hope so I would like to switch to a 5"

Me too. I asked flo-pro and the long and short of their response was the 5" kits they offer won't fit out of the box but no one has ever really given them feedback on what it takes to make them fit. I was hoping the only thing that needed changed was the down pipe since the manual and auto ones are different.

mind if I smoke

Reaction score
I have a 4 inch down pipe with a 4 inch exhaust. I know a 4 inch down pipe will work, but I don't know about clearing the trans with a 5 inch pipe.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.