6.0L refresh

powerstrokelyfe

Reaction score
Hey guys, so, ended up buying another 6.0, ccsb, black, off a friend of mine for a price I could not pass up. He went and ordered a 2017 superduty,and wanted to get rid of the 6.0. The truck is a brother to my last 6.0, literally every option is the same, except it is a f250.

Moving on, the truck currently has a blown head gasket, and has 250,000 kilometers on it. So,I am going to pull the cab and do a few things to it. I have developed a list of what I will be throwing at it. If there is anything you think I left out, feel free to add to it. The plan this year is to have a reliable truck that is both street and tow friendly. Don't want a full out race truck as of yet.

The list:
- O ringed heads by UCF or Midwest (any opinions?)
- 625 studs, oem gaskets
-EGr ******
-175/30 injectors (warren or holders undecided)
-KC stage 2
- Cat elc coolant
- coolant filter
-regulated return kit
- 4 inch exhaust
-tunes by W** or I********
- Fass 150 or Airmotive 1000
- Possibly new ford oil cooler and mishimoto radiator...

I think I have developed a pretty decent list that should last.

I will post pics of the truck soon.

04stroker

Reaction score
Looks like a solid list. Let me know if you decide to go with our injectors and we can get a set going for you! If you have any questions at all please do not hesitate to ask me.

Reaction score
You might want to think about doing a set of lifters and pushrods if you're in that deep. Hate to see you spend good money and all the time to have a lifter fail. Just my $.02.

powerstrokelyfe

Reaction score
Who here is running I**o***** tunes? How do you like them? Seems to me there tuning is one of the most powerful for our 6.0's ( just want to keep the stock trans as long as possible...)

sootie

Reaction score
Idp tuning and having your trans last don't belong in the same sentence...

If you want your trans to last, go with gear head

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
I hav yet to try gear head, but i think my idp tunes are keeping my trans alive so far. My tyrant tunes have a 3-5 slip really bad, and my tsd tunes have the same slip, but not quite as bad. I had tyrant add line pressu r e before i could bump it with the sct, and yhen i bumped it 25%. My idp tunes have a similar pressure bump, but i dont know for sure what yhey did, as it shifts the best. I will have the occasional goof up with it, but 95% it is good.

AirFishAutomotive

Reaction score
Oil cooler is a must also
new rocker box gaskets
Stand pipes n dummy plugs
Stc fitting
Updated turbo feed line
We use Idp as well and they are great but it's all up opinion

KCTurbos

Reaction score
:popcorn: Sounds like an awesome build you have going :popcorn:

Lots of good advice here.

175/30 and KC stage 2 is an AWESOME setup. Spools fast, tows great, sounds great, and shoup put you in the 550hp range

powerstrokelyfe

Reaction score
:popcorn: Sounds like an awesome build you have going :popcorn:

Lots of good advice here.

175/30 and KC stage 2 is an AWESOME setup. Spools fast, tows great, sounds great, and shoup put you in the 550hp range

Thanks charlie. Plan is to have a reliable, well mannered and useful truck that is also no slouch on the street :ford:

powerstrokelyfe

Reaction score
Anyone run an aftermarket Hpop ( Thumper series, or diesel sites) on 05-07 trucks ? Has it been relatively reliable compared to the stock one ?

Latest posts

Members online