6.0l short block

youngstroker

Reaction score
found a guy selling a blown 6.0l for cheap it's just a short block with a hpop he said there is a hole on either side of the block, i want just the block and oil pan for mock up, what are the odds anything else is good, like a hpop or the cam, if so what do you think they are worth? my plan is to use it then scrap it, how much do you think a short block weights, i was thinking about 500lbs.

youngstroker

Reaction score
well i picked it up today if anyone needs a 2006 hpop, a cam or a oil cooler, let me know willing to sell cheap.

youngstroker

Reaction score
it is an idea i have been kicking around for a while, the plan is to put it in a ranger.

-truck 1993-95 reg cab step side 2x4
-engine 6.0l
-trans 4r100
-rear end 9"
-hp goal 550-600/ whats needed to run the 12.0 index class, at first then we will see.

i want a older ranger with the twin i beam, i think it should be easier to make it hold the weight, then a torsin bar system and a pre 1996 so i don't have to emmisons test it, so i can drive it on the steet. i already have a 1990 ranger that is juck and a 4r with a broken tail shaft houseing. i plan to do some mock up on this first to see how it will fit before i invest a lot of money in to this project. it will be built in stages first just put a 6.0/4r in a ranger at stock hp level and work all the bugs out manual steering and brakes no intercooler then build the truck i want from there air to water intercooler in the bed radiator in the bed if theres no room in the front, roll cage, put in a stout 9" with sliders, springs pulled in under the frame so i can fit a wider tire, i don't want to back half it but if need be so be it. possible a bed mounted turbo, if the hight of the motor is too much for a body lift and cowl hood. and most importantly a lot of suspension and frame work. i plan to buy a wrecked super duty and transfer everything over, hopefully have a lot of useable parts for my 03 superduty and then use the motor and haness to to swap it in to the ranger.

Big Angry Hillbilly

Reaction score
I would four link it or at least put ladder bars in it to get some weight transfer and better hook with all the weight up front.

Definitely go with the twin wander beam all you have to do is put more spring in it.

I wouldn't bed mount the turbo, you will get a lot of heat loss and lag.

Pm me, I've done a couple swaps and can help you where needed.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.