patricku47

Reaction score
Let's just say hypothetically-

1.) nGauge hardware for monitoring
2.) 5 power levels of your choosing
3.) Shift-on-the-fly
4.) FICM flashing included
5.) Price point between 650 and 750 dollars retail

Incorporating FICM flashing is a pet peeve of mine, as it was supposed to have happened with our device many years back, and fell through due to various situations that arose. There is a real solid possibility of making it happen now.

At that price with those options, you could count me in!

Reaction score

3.) Shift-on-the-fly

Incorporating FICM flashing is a pet peeve of mine, as it was supposed to have happened with our device many years back, and fell through due to various situations that arose. There is a real solid possibility of making it happen now.

I'd be interested in them. I'd switch over on my truck as long as you could build tunes for bigger injectors.

JMart

Reaction score
At first, more than likely Spartan only. I'm sure River City Diesel might want to get involved as well since they are with the newer stuff. We aren't ruling out the possibility of bringing others on board who are willing. I think pricing will be the biggest factor in that.

Thats my biggest concern, along with support. You may or may not remember I had some issues with Spartan on my 08 and actually got a time out on the .org for speaking up about it. But you have been a cool dude Jeff and I would be willing to consider it if you can get some other tuners on board. Not that I have anything against Spartan tuning. I just don't want to be stuck with issues that I can't get resolved, like last time, and not have an alternative.

KCTurbos

Reaction score
So is this basically what the new bullydog tuner offers?

I don't mean to sound naive... but does this open the door to other custom tuners to provide SOFT tunes for your hardware? Or is it strictly going to be Spartan custom tunes?

matt92idi

Reaction score

3.) Shift-on-the-fly

So ficm is included but what about tuning for modified trucks? Or will that be separate. I loved my old edge with juice because the sotf part of it. And 650 it's a solid price point and the more tuners you bring on board the more appealing it will be. Not sure if this is possible but some like what he 6.4 guys have with the mcc unlock would be awesome to alter my own tunes.

jcain

Reaction score
So is this basically what the new bullydog tuner offers?

I don't mean to sound naive... but does this open the door to other custom tuners to provide SOFT tunes for your hardware? Or is it strictly going to be Spartan custom tunes?

Spartan themselves and River City Diesel will be the only ones doing custom tuning for this device, for now.

Merc82

Reaction score

3.) Shift-on-the-fly

I like it..as long as the opportunity exists to make changes/add tunes in the future to the 5 to chose from.

morepower02

Reaction score
We are looking for feedback on the possibility of shift-on-the-fly with custom tuning. If this is something a lot of you guys would be interested in, we might push forward with the R&D necessary to accomplish this.

Let us know if you're interested!

Jeff, any new tunes or the same free ones that are floating around the last several years.

Last edited:

Dieselmore

Reaction score
I would be very interested, if you were to offer a more main stream tuning option.

In my opinion people would want more tuning option, rather than limit to you or possibly RCD as well.

It's nice to see you working on your product again and very curious to see what comes out.

tfunk88

Reaction score
Would I be able to use my Dashdaq that I used when I had my 6.4? I returned the truck to stock and sold it, kept the Dashdaq to use as gauges on my 6.0 Excursion.

KCTurbos

Reaction score
I would be very interested, if you were to offer a more main stream tuning option.

In my opinion people would want more tuning option, rather than limit to you or possibly RCD as well.

It's nice to see you working on your product again and very curious to see what comes out.

^^^^ I agree

IMO you will have WAY more success if you open up the tuning market and let people custom tune using your device and platform... ESPECIALLY if you tuning software is more user friendly and provides more options.

swinky

Reaction score
I personally would not be interested at all. My current tune (srlxx) has fantastic street manners and the early lock up only comes in at the right time. Now for us guys with built transmissions..... I would not expect a warranty if I was changing tunes all the time. The trans relearn is a great thing imo. I really don't see the need, granted I don't tow but I haven't changed my tune in over a year now.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
So other than my dumbazz posting in the beginning of he thread, (i didn't pay attention to the title and posted away.)

Is this project going to move forward?

Chatham036

Reaction score
The benefit to this is, once the TCM has adapted to each power level, there will be no interruption or alteration to those adapations regardless of power level changes back and forth.

To my understanding, they are basically replicating what bully dog did with the SOTF programmer with the added feature of FICM tuning?

I am interested to see how ******* chooses to handle the target slip time or adaptive learning if they are only modifying the torque tables.

For example, if I were to run our 140hp xtreme tune on the ECM and TCM then change the ECM tune down to a 25hp Tow file while only reducing the torque table, it will still shift abruptly or it is going to slip outside of the target range exacerbating clutch wear.

I love the idea of SOTF but I dont feel it will ever work as well as a full reflash on a 6.0. It seems you will have to sacrifice the quality of the trans tune when changing ECM tunes.

Good luck though!! I hope yall have been able to find a way around my concerns to make this happen!!

scorpion67

Reaction score
I would be interested i would want to have the option of ge^rhead though too if i didn't like your tunes for bigger injectors and my built trans and the dream of vgt compounds in the future!

Sent from a Californian ruined by smog laws

cRaZy8

Reaction score
I tow often at my marina, but thoroughly enjoy my full fuel tunes.
It doesnt make sense for me to switch back and forth, so I end up staying in my tow tune for almost 8 months of the year.

If this was doable, especially being able to work around the trans tuning issue, I would like to try it out.

One of the other things that bothers me too is that this tuner sounds like I would lose my CTS2. I wouldnt be happy about that.

Reaction score
To my understanding, they are basically replicating what bully dog did with the SOTF programmer with the added feature of FICM tuning?

I am interested to see how ******* chooses to handle the target slip time or adaptive learning if they are only modifying the torque tables.

For example, if I were to run our 140hp xtreme tune on the ECM and TCM then change the ECM tune down to a 25hp Tow file while only reducing the torque table, it will still shift abruptly or it is going to slip outside of the target range exacerbating clutch wear.

I love the idea of SOTF but I dont feel it will ever work as well as a full reflash on a 6.0. It seems you will have to sacrifice the quality of the trans tune when changing ECM tunes.

Good luck though!! I hope yall have been able to find a way around my concerns to make this happen!!

Too bad we can't swap in a 6.4 TCM.

Latest posts

Members online