6.0L SOTF + Custom Tuning

Reaction score
I'm down. I ran *******s 6.0 tuning back when he still tuned sct... I liked it..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score
Thought I'd toss out a brief update on this.

After doing some testing and research on this in my spare time over the past couple of weeks, and confirmed that it our idea for shift on the fly, does indeed, work. I think with some further development, it would work extremely well.

I'm deeply ingrained into several major 6.7L and 6.4L updates and projects right now, so I don't expect this to be something that moves along rapidly in development, but I am pretty excited about it.

Our methodology would allow for a true change, on the fly, through not only fuel mapping, but timing and VGT parameters. It would also allow for torque changes in the PCM that correspond, to increase/decrease transmission pressures to keep everything calibrated well and in check (a BIG missing piece of the puzzle compared to many of the fuel boxes on the market, such as Edge).

The 6.0 market is tough from a business standpoint for tuning, simply due to the age of the truck and the very high number of competing power devices already available on the market. At the same time, it's also the truck and engine I started with in this market and learned on (as several of you have mentioned previously, remembering picking up tunes from me back in 2005 and 2006 when I was still in high school :pimp:) so it has a bit of a special interest for me. Being able to bring something truly revolutionary to the table for a vehicle that has been out of production for a full decade is a pretty rare opportunity, and I don't think I want to pass it up.

So, keep your eyes out for updates here. It might not be immediate, but they will come :thumbsup:

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score
To my understanding, they are basically replicating what bully dog did with the SOTF programmer with the added feature of FICM tuning?

I am interested to see how ******* chooses to handle the target slip time or adaptive learning if they are only modifying the torque tables.

For example, if I were to run our 140hp xtreme tune on the ECM and TCM then change the ECM tune down to a 25hp Tow file while only reducing the torque table, it will still shift abruptly or it is going to slip outside of the target range exacerbating clutch wear.

I love the idea of SOTF but I dont feel it will ever work as well as a full reflash on a 6.0. It seems you will have to sacrifice the quality of the trans tune when changing ECM tunes.

Good luck though!! I hope yall have been able to find a way around my concerns to make this happen!!

Jay, this is one of the bigger hurdles to overcome with the project. But as luck would have it, one of the things we've gotten better at doing over the years working on 6.4 (and more importantly 6.7) is modifying RTOS and base strategy. What I've been testing in spare time here is modified beyond a normal re-calibrated trans strategy.

KCTurbos

Reaction score
I am very interested in this. Thanks for the updates. Also please us know if we can be of any help... or if you are looking for any beta testers. We just bought a dyno and we are looking to put it to good use.

Another thought... just to add more icing to the cake and potentially change the 6.0 market forever. Have you thought of a way to incorporate FICM tuning? If we actually had access to the PW tables then that would really change the 6.0 tuning market. IMO no one would ever use SCT again if there was another platform that could tune the PCM and FICM through the same software/hardware device.

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score
I am very interested in this. Thanks for the updates. Also please us know if we can be of any help... or if you are looking for any beta testers. We just bought a dyno and we are looking to put it to good use.

Another thought... just to add more icing to the cake and potentially change the 6.0 market forever. Have you thought of a way to incorporate FICM tuning? If we actually had access to the PW tables then that would really change the 6.0 tuning market. IMO no one would ever use SCT again if there was another platform that could tune the PCM and FICM through the same software/hardware device.

It's our plan for FICM to be integrated in for 3 module flashing. It would be an important part of making it all work correctly for an on the fly power adjustment.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
I would love to have this! Especially when its on the tow tune getting ready to hook the trailer up in a couple days, and the you got the a hole who wants to play, but taking ten minutes to change tunes really sucks.

I dont know if this has been asked already, but how would trans adaptive learning be screwed with when shifting on the fly? I know my trans is kinda confused for a few miles until i get it re learned.

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score
Update

Wanted to drop everyone here a quick update on where we stand on this project.

As of today, the 6.0 shift-on-the-fly project has the official green light. Development, from this point forward, will be carried out with full production as the goal. Our software team confirmed over the weekend that FICM flashing will start undergoing testing. I'll also mention that we have 3 position shift-on-the-fly currently functioning in two test trucks.

A few highlights of what this will feature-

>nGauge and nDash flashing support
>True 3-module support integrated (PCM, TCM, FICM)
>3 position (possibly more in the future) Shift-on-the-fly
>On-Screen Tuning adjustments (adjustable shift schedule, firmness, etc)
>***PC-based tuning software for custom tuning

***this is still under development; we don't have an ETA.

We do have our hands full at the moment with a large 6.4 update and several smaller 6.7 updates, but the news received over the weekend was what I was waiting on before I made this official.

This is going to bring some tools to the table for 6.0 guys that have never existed before.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Im excited for this... might be perfect for my rust bucket project. I still have 2 old dashdaqs I haven't given up on LOL

superBADduty

Reaction score
YES!!!! I'm very excited to read this. I'm super happy to know that you guys are fully committed to this. All in! I can't wait because this is a game changer. It's great that you guys haven't forgotten about the 6.0's. Probably more 6.0's out there than any other Ford diesel except maybe the 7.3's.

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score
YES!!!! I'm very excited to read this. I'm super happy to know that you guys are fully committed to this. All in! I can't wait because this is a game changer. It's great that you guys haven't forgotten about the 6.0's. Probably more 6.0's out there than any other Ford diesel except maybe the 7.3's.

We haven't forgotten. And I most certainly haven't forgotten that the 6.0 was what I learned on, and got me started in this industry.

Reaction score
Wanted to drop everyone here a quick update on where we stand on this project.

As of today, the 6.0 shift-on-the-fly project has the official green light. Development, from this point forward, will be carried out with full production as the goal. Our software team confirmed over the weekend that FICM flashing will start undergoing testing. I'll also mention that we have 3 position shift-on-the-fly currently functioning in two test trucks.

A few highlights of what this will feature-

>nGauge and nDash flashing support
>True 3-module support integrated (PCM, TCM, FICM)
>3 position (possibly more in the future) Shift-on-the-fly
>On-Screen Tuning adjustments (adjustable shift schedule, firmness, etc)
>***PC-based tuning software for custom tuning

***this is still under development; we don't have an ETA.

We do have our hands full at the moment with a large 6.4 update and several smaller 6.7 updates, but the news received over the weekend was what I was waiting on before I made this official.

This is going to bring some tools to the table for 6.0 guys that have never existed before.
Awesome! Can't wait!

Reaction score
Thought of a question, does yalls software allow for better Speedo calibrations than SCT sodtware, cause the tuners for SCT can only go down to 600 revs

06-6.0l, studded, reworked heads, egr ******, blue spring mod, 6.4 banjos, dummy plugs, stand pipe, upgraded stc fitting, New oil cooler, New ipr, New icp, atlas 40 FICM, stage 1 powermax, and Looney wild, 325/65R18

Reaction score
Well, I just realized last night there is two ways of setting this, I was just saying yes to the Speedo calibrations, and didn't realize in the options menu there is another spot for revs, mine I believe went down to 500 or 525 in increments of 5

06-6.0l, studded, reworked heads, egr ******, blue spring mod, 6.4 banjos, dummy plugs, stand pipe, upgraded stc fitting, New oil cooler, New ipr, New icp, atlas 40 FICM, stage 1 powermax, and Looney wild, 325/65R18

Reaction score
Well, I just realized last night there is two ways of setting this, I was just saying yes to the Speedo calibrations, and didn't realize in the options menu there is another spot for revs, mine I believe went down to 500 or 525 in increments of 5

In the Speedo calibrations, it always started me 660, and would only go down to 600

Latest posts

Members online