6.4 build i did a pretty lot to my 6.4 and thought my dyno numbers were kind of low

jmd2422

Reaction score
this is what i have done spartan 310 aggresive tune, s and b intake, 4'' down, pipe and full 4'' exhaust, arp studs, had the heads decked and minor port work plus a 5 angle competion valve job, 100lbs valve springs, cromoly push rods, cold side ic pipe,cfm elbow, ported fuel rails, and rudys egr delete with wastegate mydyno numbers where 549rwhp at 1130ft lbs i thought i would be around 600rwhp and 1200ftlbs range with that much work done what do you guys think?

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
thats pretty decent, maybe a tad low.. most mods you did were preventative maintenance.. your truck with a tune only might have been a little on the low side anyways

Last edited:

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
That to me sounds low... But maybe thats just the 310. try running the 350 if youve got a transmission and a low pressure fuel system.

Innovative has made close to 600 on X race

jmd2422

Reaction score
ya my wastegate has a small leak i have to fix and someone said the dyno numbers where wrong they should have been a little higher because the dyno was not set for diesels im not sure if thats true we have a diesel group and did a dyno day at a mustang shop

gman1

Reaction score
What kind of dyno was it? What was the elevation? All dynos are different. They are just a tuning tool. The race track will tell you all you need to know.

Your numbers do seem a little low.

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
i wouldnt trust the dyno though either.. i would doubt my truck would make 550hp on just a tune and a few power mods-its kinda weak.. theres only a handful of trucks that are actually making 600rwhp and track times to boot on a few motor mods and tunes

jmd2422

Reaction score
ya and most of the upgrade where preventitive maintanece i was just trying to put everything out there

95-SimpsonOBS

Reaction score
I would be pissed if I got those dyno numbers honestly with that much done, but it also has to do with what dyno you were on. Alligator Performances 08 6.4 laid down 620 with only exhaust and an H&S mini maxx. That being said it was on a loaded dyno.

jmd2422

Reaction score
g man im really not sure what the dyno was or the elovations thats the first time i dynoed i do not know to much about them

jmd2422

Reaction score
im stock trans for now and 35sfor tires im looking in to that atmosphere tow low pressure side for my truck now i saw rudys pushing like 650hp this that set up

jmd2422

Reaction score
also i have the earliest spartan tune before v2 software but some people claim not to change them the tune are better power wise what do you think jeff dodd?

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
I think the newest 310 is much stronger than the older ones. You also have a lot more options with the latest tuning files, like early and late lock files.

jmd2422

Reaction score
ya i should look into that because i just heard guys got v2 software and wanted there old tunes back and they could not get them back and were upset

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
I usually hear nothing but great things about the latest tuning files. The latest files were released in Novemeber of 2011, just a few months ago. The reviews have been awesome!

strokin20

Reaction score
i'm a new spartan user and so far, im diggin the tunes. before this i was running idp's tunes. power wise, the 350 and xrace are pretty close but so far i think i like the shifting of the 350 better.

jmd2422

Reaction score
ya ill look into updating i do not have the 350 tune or the 300 tune but im very interested in elite low pressure side 71mm turbo looks like some nice power fairly cheap and nice numbers on stock fuel dont you run one jeff?

Latest posts

Members online