6.4 build i did a pretty lot to my 6.4 and thought my dyno numbers were kind of low

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
ya ill look into updating i do not have the 350 tune or the 300 tune but im very interested in elite low pressure side 71mm turbo looks like some nice power fairly cheap and nice numbers on stock fuel dont you run one jeff?

Yeah, I have one. I love it. Only problem I have is the filter minder keeps getting sucked in on big tunes. If a newer filter minder (new part #) doesn't fix the issue, I will have to do something custom.

idkillinit

Reaction score
Pull.that filter minder out Jeff. F that thing.

To the op. Your truck should be high 5s with proper gate tuning. Needs to be tuned on a dyno or by someone who knows what they are doing it took me a while to dial in my gate. Also update those damn tunes. People that want their tunes back always start by saying the old ones smoked more. Dumb.

idkillinit

Reaction score
Ok so tell me what the filter minder does. Nm ill tell you. When your filter gets dirty the little button gets sucked up due to more suction. If you keep your filter clean then it won't pull up. Now with that said I've never seen mine pull through and I clean my filter often. So correct me no all mighty filter god

powr2stroke

Reaction score
Ok so tell me what the filter minder does. Nm ill tell you. When your filter gets dirty the little button gets sucked up due to more suction. If you keep your filter clean then it won't pull up. Now with that said I've never seen mine pull through and I clean my filter often. So correct me no all mighty filter god

stock turbos ??

91turbogsx

Reaction score
To the OP...Being it to the track. I've done a 13.09@103 with a fully loaded 8500lb CCLB with the Spartan 310 tune. That calculates to over 600 hp. And that was only with intake, exhaust, EGR block off plates, and the tune. I can bet it wouldn't put that number down on a dyno.

WoodBoy

Reaction score
Filter minder measures using a vacuum force. It doesnt know a damn thing about whether a filter is dirty or not. It uses the vacuum force to "suck" it in and is rated for the amount of air that the "stock" turbos should flow in order to keep them effecient and together. When you add a larger flowing CFM turbo, our stock intake design is NOT designed to flow enough air for them theirfor a clean or even brand spanking new air filter not flowing the amount of air it needs, creating the same effect as a dirty filter would on a stock turbo system

WoodBoy

Reaction score
But if what I have said tends to still not be up to par, I recommend getting a set of larger turbos, just keep your airfilter clean, and plug your filter minder hole and let her eat and I guess you'll be fine

idkillinit

Reaction score
A lot of other people are just fine with the stock like intakes. And I never said that it.knows when the filter is dirty. I said it will increase pressure when the filter is dirty. Which in this case is vacuume pressure.

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
lol, my filter is BRAND NEW. Literally just got it Monday and put it on the truck. Loaded the big tune up yesterday, filter minder is sucked halfway in. It has nothing at all to do with having a clean filter. It has everything to do with poor flow.

WoodBoy

Reaction score
I havent said anyone is not fine with stock intakes have I? I was referring to the "Pull the filter minder out, F that thing" and "Its called maintanence"

WoodBoy

Reaction score
lol, my filter is BRAND NEW. Literally just got it Monday and put it on the truck. Loaded the big tune up yesterday, filter minder is sucked halfway in. It has nothing at all to do with having a clean filter. It has everything to do with poor flow.

Na Jeff, Im sure they must have sent you a dirty airfilter

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
Na Jeff, Im sure they must have sent you a dirty airfilter

Dammit! That must be why it's bright blue then. :doh:

In all seriousness though, it's definitely not good when the filter minder is getting sucked in. That is an alert for poor flow....not a dirty filter. This new filter does better than the Pro Guard 7 that I have, but it obviously can't handle 50+ psi of boost.

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
What intake Jeff I have s@b with the licks off

AFE Stage II with the oiled Pro 5R filter. It's probably the best design filter that AFE sends out with their standard 6.4 intakes. The Pro Guard 7 filter I had wasn't nearly as good of a design. With the PG-7, the minder would suck in with the 210 tune and the new Elite turbo. It wouldn't pull in with the stock turbo's and 310 tune before. Pretty sure the Elite turbo is flowing more than a little bit over stock.

My next option is to get a new filter minder. If that doesn't work, on to something custom.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.