6.4 build. Running a 80mm double batmowheel on stock fuel

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
The turbo will no light at all complete waste of time go with a 72

On my truck with 100% nozzles on race tune would keep it lite but soon as you went down to xtreet it would loose boost every gear it shifted

Sent from my BatmoCharged iPhone

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
Also if you go with 80mm make sure you get 360 thurst bearing or it will be shoot in a couple hundred miles

Wayne

Reaction score
If you want power on tap below 2500 rpm's you better keep with compounds or a single in the high 60's, low 70's range. This is very charted territory so if you're gonna race it all the time, by all means go with a big single (s475 range) and tons of fuel. Craig @ MPD has been setting some impressive records with this combo. Keep in mind I heard he lost power going with a single S480 because it's just too much to spool and light hard without more porting or whatever. (not totally certain here, probably should check to make sure) Tow-power compounds and a little fuel will keep it very practical for every day use, and you can go with bottled air to finish off the fuel if that's not enough.

Rudy's got this setup on the truck he's taking to DPC, so you should ask him for feedback if you're interested.

FWIW, Tadd's truck (single cab, short bed) just sits in front of the shop most of the time because it's too laggy to drive around town. Compounds are in the works, but in the mean time he's got the MPD S475 kit on it with a more efficient precision turbo, high stall converter and 4.56 gears too, but very smokey, and no power on tap under 2500 rpm's. These kits seem to work great for the track, but not so good for someone who uses their truck as a truck. I must say though, 2500+ rpm's and the big single is ridiculously fast. Gotta have big fuel and a built trans to run one though.

6.4boy

Reaction score
I've got a buddy who also has his truck at Rudys right now getting dual fuelers, I believe 110hp injectors, studs, ect. And he is running a 72mm single and is begging for me to swap turbos so as soon as I see that is not gonna work haha I'll probably do that or just try out the stock low pressure with batmowheel and keep the 80 for later on once I do fuel.

Fast-6.0

Reaction score
An 80mm is only good for a race truck and on stock fuel, that thing will suck! I agree with others that more than likely you will go slower.

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
My truck lites at anything about 1700 rpms idk where your getting the 2500 rpms maybe it's the cam that's making it spool worse?

Fast-6.0

Reaction score
My truck lites at anything about 1700 rpms idk where your getting the 2500 rpms maybe it's the cam that's making it spool worse?

It's more like 2000 rpm. Which I'm know is altitude. It's just not as fun to drive as compounds.

Kind

Reaction score
*** a single, twins, or trips. I'm gonna run just a turbine housing, as well as a ram air intake system. Probably gonna throw some dual fuelers on there to make that turbine housing sing out the exhaust even louder. Since I won't be needing my IC I'm gonna put a bigger rad in to help with the heat.

What size wheel and a/r do you guys recommend? Should I keep it Cast or go SS?

I'm also thinking a nitrous tank the size of my bed will help for that stop and go traffic.

08KingRanchF250

Reaction score
me and keaton(thread starter) both live at sea level and i have been on stock fuel/trans and the 72 for almost five months now with no issues, no its not like compounds but its very driveable on the street where we live, after mine is finished, getting rcds cam, elites dual fuelers, studs, mpds 100% nozzles, and a suncoast im gonna see how my 72/83 with .9 a/r runs, we mite switch and ill try the 80/87 .9a/r. i think he will run well with the 72 his tranny and alittle custom tuning from rcd, but we will see..

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
save yourself some time and money, and listen to the input everyone is giving you.

Your truck is going to be slower than a 6.5L Chevy

6.4boy

Reaction score
save yourself some time and money, and listen to the input everyone is giving you.

Your truck is going to be slower than a 6.5L Chevy

Won't really be wasting any money by running the 80 for ****s and giggles. Like I said my buddy Wes (08kingranchf250) is running dual fuelers and 100% nozzles and a 72mm and if this setup doesn't works out for me ( which from what you guys say it probably won't) then him and I are going to swap chargers and he is gonna try the 80 on for size :D

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure theres a guy on here w/ stock fuel and a 72 and it still doesn't spool that well

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
oh okay, thought I read on here that it didnt spool to well on stock fuel. Guess I got it confused w/ something else, my bad

Latest posts

Members online