6.4 build. Running a 80mm double batmowheel on stock fuel

6.4boy

Reaction score
So in your guys opinion, would the 75 perform well on stock fueling or should I just go with the 72? I'd like to get all I can get put of the stock fueling on this truck.

Also not sure if alot of people have invested money into the heads on these trucks so I wonder if the stock 65 charger and ported heads would work better or stock heads and a 72 or 75mm charger??

08KingRanchF250

Reaction score
i wouldnt run anything bigger than the 72/83 .9 a/r on stock fuel man, uve got to think ur tunes are more agressive then mine so ull be even better off, just not enough for the 75 or bigger

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
So in your guys opinion, would the 75 perform well on stock fueling or should I just go with the 72? I'd like to get all I can get put of the stock fueling on this truck.

Also not sure if alot of people have invested money into the heads on these trucks so I wonder if the stock 65 charger and ported heads would work better or stock heads and a 72 or 75mm charger??

factory LP is a 66mm if I'm not
mistaken.. why not just run something like a 68 or something... you know it should do fine on fuel, and should spool
pretty well with he AR right..

mike wasn't your first setup a 68mm with a big AR or am I wrong?

Mike@MPD

Reaction score
Full LP fuel system and built trans IDP tunes, traction bars, took a while to spool due to stock 6.0 manifolds and 1.0 housing
YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
spray run
YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Fuel only

6.4boy

Reaction score
Well..... 3 melted pistons, 1 cracked piston, and destroyed heads....... Seems I'll be putting more money into getting the truck back up and running again then making it fast. I'll keep you guys posted.

extreme3807

Reaction score
Not sure if i caught it somewhere, but did you take your truck to rudy's for a problem in the first place, or just for the add-ons?

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk 2

6.4boy

Reaction score
Not sure if i caught it somewhere, but did you take your truck to rudy's for a problem in the first place, or just for the add-ons?

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk 2

Gaskets blew so I figured i would go ahead and do the single and some other things. It started idling rough when i started it to load it up and take it to his shop and he told me it could be a piston but let's hope not but d*mn if it wasn't and then some. He said he has never seen gaskets that bad on a 6.4 and the heads were worse then he's ever seen also. Guess it's just my luck.

MINK

Reaction score
Gaskets blew so I figured i would go ahead and do the single and some other things. It started idling rough when i started it to load it up and take it to his shop and he told me it could be a piston but let's hope not but d*mn if it wasn't and then some. He said he has never seen gaskets that bad on a 6.4 and the heads were worse then he's ever seen also. Guess it's just my luck.

how long did you drive it on blown gaskets?

6.4boy

Reaction score
how long did you drive it on blown gaskets?

Eh it was blowing coolant for maybe a week to a week and a half and so I parked it until I could work up the money for the build and then once I started it to load it up it started skipping.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Judging by the video on farlows facebook and it looked like it had been driven way long after the gasket blow

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Members online