6.4 Build What to, What not to do

dieselfreak1710

Reaction score
Hey Guys, Im going to have the cab off of my new 08 6.4 project. what sould be some of the things i should do to it while its off? are the 6.4s like the 6.0 and needing studded or is there other things that should be done. i dont have a budget on the truck if that helps with opinions. thanks

MINK

Reaction score
We could sugest a million things if there is no budget.

But yes, have the heads checked and surfaced, egr delete and headstuds at the least.

Clifford_6.4

Reaction score
No budget?? Buy everything and any extras send to me :D
I guess it all depends on what you want to do with the truck. are you going for high hp or just want a reliable fun truck?

Sent from a little green goblin under a bridge.

pog

Reaction score
what mink said. plus high power turbos. youll be happy.

RedRice589

Reaction score
Definitely stud it and also check all pipes and coat your up pipes and manifolds and throw at least a 72 mm atom on it and no limits intake and call it a day. Maybe a ported intake so it runs cool and drive the piss out of it.

dieselfreak1710

Reaction score
Yup reliable fun truck that gets descent mpgs. RedRice589 sounds like were on the same page. whats the things with putting 6.0 manis on 6.4s?

sootie

Reaction score
Yup reliable fun truck that gets descent mpgs. RedRice589 sounds like were on the same page. whats the things with putting 6.0 manis on 6.4s?

better flow and the 90* bend is cast into the 6oh manifold so the custom uppipes are less prone to cracking. >>>the sound is better too.

Spickerman6.4

Reaction score
I'm in the process of putting my cab back down tonight. Did head studs 30% nozzles high rev valve springs and lifters, Hamilton push rods, 6oh manifolds and up pipes.

Spickerman6.4

Reaction score
Yes just stock fuel put brand new stock pump in last night. Talked to Buddy from MPD and he told me i was fine with stock pump with the nozzles. 73mm Low pressure coming soon.

Mbatten

Reaction score
I did studs,rockers,new pump,stock injectors,pushrods,springs,zmax intake,new heads,17/59,air dog and maintenance stuff like belts/what what not.its very fun to drive now and tows awesome I think I might have 5 or 6000 in it .truck alredy hade exhaust,h&s,s&b.

B585Ford

Reaction score
Yes just stock fuel put brand new stock pump in last night. Talked to Buddy from MPD and he told me i was fine with stock pump with the nozzles. 73mm Low pressure coming soon.

It is pretty much gaurantteed that you won't maintain RP on a race tune (full PW tune). As Soottie asked, who will be tuning it? Tuning will be the key if you want any top end power.
My truck is under the knife right now....somewhat similar in builds....I will have A-1000, fuel bowl delete, and 15% nozzles with a new HPFP and doing the JHP atmo (plus the rest of the mods in my sig). I seriously doubt I will maintain RP even with 15% on a full PW tune so I will be doing some custom tunes so I don't lose too much up top (I want to be able to maintain RP) from the nozzles with 1 stock HPFP. I wanted to do duals, but it just wasn't in the budget and my old HPFP ch#t to bed.
I am definitely interested in the results.

Spickerman6.4

Reaction score
I have Innovative tunes right now. Buddy told me to run the truck with the tunes i have for a week to break everything in then have Eric write me some new tunes.

B585Ford

Reaction score
I have Innovative tunes right now. Buddy told me to run the truck with the tunes i have for a week to break everything in then have Eric write me some new tunes.

I am pretty sure Eric is a pretty big advocate of bigger nozzles and short PW so it looks like you will have the tuning side covered. Again, make sure you let us know what you think.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.