6.4 Custom Cold Air Intake

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Well at least that problem is somewhat solved. Roller rockers are still 3-4 weeks out.

vr6dub

Reaction score
So not to ask a dumb question but how much are these intakes and what comes with it now? I read through this entire thread but it's sorta becoming a little confusing with different descriptions of whats offered in the kit and I've seen 2 different prices pop up.

Thanks,

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
So not to ask a dumb question but how much are these intakes and what comes with it now? I read through this entire thread but it's sorta becoming a little confusing with different descriptions of whats offered in the kit and I've seen 2 different prices pop up.

Thanks,

You are correct , as I made some changes and adjustments after I released them. The reason there are 2 prices is because you can buy with or without the 4" elbow and reducing bushing. $350 w/o and $400 with. I will start a new thread and delete this one to keep things clear. My apologies.

FussGus

Reaction score
I joined this site for the intake. Is there a website to go to, to order one of this or does this have to be a PM to order? Also do you have a box that fits around the filter yet? I really want to buy one.

Motostroker

Reaction score
He was talking about doing it. Not sure, fit and finish is 5 star, make sure you get his CCV kit also

FussGus

Reaction score
Got any pictures of the kit? I know some people have been doing a DIY instead of paying large for someones kit. His price seemed fair.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
DIY is exactly that. price of my kit is coming down. pricing was based on selling it at a dealer level, but will only be offered thru me directly, which will yield bigger savings for the consumer. what you get with this kit, and will not get anywhere else, is polished stainless intake tube, specifically degree'd 4" , reinforced silicone elbow, stainless maf flange, all grommets and hardware necessary, and the AFE pro5r filter in the 12" version. i have not built a box yet, but when its built it will add to cost pretty heavily. it will , when finished, all handmade , not sure what material/finish will be used. the kit is american made and built by a company that specializes in one off, small quantity parts. i believe my customer service and quality american made product speaks for itself, hence why the good words are spoken. i have yet to see any severe issues of the intake , i believe those that will see alot of dirt will be just as well off with a pre-filter as a box, thats why i havent quickly attacked that area of the kit. i dont believe the box serves as a cold air protector due to the fact we are intercooled. engine air has yet to be a factor in egt or post intercooler intake air temps, as with a forced induction setup the warm air is neglible in a intercooled situation.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online