• 1) What are you selling?

2) What is its condition?

3) Where are you located?

4) What is your asking price?

5) Pictures/videos?

6) At least 3 days between bumping your own ad.

7) No more than 5 ads per individual at once.

8) No commercial sales.

9) You must post when the item sells and state that it is SOLD. Do not report the post or PM moderators to remove your post once it is sold.

10) No feeler ads.

11) No firearms or firearm accessories.

6.4 Elite Ported Heads (READ WHOLE AD)

02bigstrokin

Reaction score
If y'all even knew the amount of **** that was messed up on this truck you would realize why I parted it out and not "just put a block in it". But that's neither here nor there in this thread. The op told me when he first said the heads were no good that there were some cracks across the valve seats, which when they left me they weren't, I offered to help him pay to have valve seats put in. He refused. Then about a week later he texted me again about the heads and I offered him the stock heads that I was putting on my motor. He refused again. It's hard to please everybody. When I bought the truck and found out the big turbo was junk, block was cracked, radio install looked like a bunch of monkeys had done it, power cables spliced in multiple places, cab set down on the fuel line, fuel leak in the valley, transmission line leaks, down pipe hitting cab, etc etc I didn't call the guy and be like man I need my 47k dollars back! I bought a used truck and it came with no warranty and I got f*cked. That's on me. I tried to offer him something to help him but at the end of the day he didn't want to hear any of it and I'm not f'ng wal mart. Flame on!!!

MINK

Reaction score
If y'all even knew the amount of **** that was messed up on this truck you would realize why I parted it out and not "just put a block in it". But that's neither here nor there in this thread. The op told me when he first said the heads were no good that there were some cracks across the valve seats, which when they left me they weren't, I offered to help him pay to have valve seats put in. He refused. Then about a week later he texted me again about the heads and I offered him the stock heads that I was putting on my motor. He refused again. It's hard to please everybody. When I bought the truck and found out the big turbo was junk, block was cracked, radio install looked like a bunch of monkeys had done it, power cables spliced in multiple places, cab set down on the fuel line, fuel leak in the valley, transmission line leaks, down pipe hitting cab, etc etc I didn't call the guy and be like man I need my 47k dollars back! I bought a used truck and it came with no warranty and I got f*cked. That's on me. I tried to offer him something to help him but at the end of the day he didn't want to hear any of it and I'm not f'ng wal mart. Flame on!!!

It;s used stuff and sales are final, you did your part if you did indeed offer other solutions - sadly its all a crappy deal, including your truck purchase.

F.X.5

Reaction score
I'm not pointing fingers at anyone. This ad is for the sale of 2 cracked Elite heads. I'm not comfortable using them on my truck but maybe someone else is.

I could type a mile long post about this but I'm not.

If your interested. Let me know.

Thank you.

F.X.5

Reaction score
Well, I paid 3k dollars and have put a few more hundred into them having them checked, paying for gas to run them around, etc.

Knowing what I know now, I know they're not worth that. I plan on buying factory replacement heads and I think they're roughly 1k a piece. If I could get 2k out of these heads, springs, retainers, and valves I'd be happy.

That's what I'd like to have but like I said, I'm open to offers. Let me know if you have any questions or have an offer.

Thank you.

Crack85

Reaction score
LOL....u can buy new springs of same quality for less than that....and u can buy new springs from elite of the same quality for less than that....

Last edited:

Fast-6.0

Reaction score
Are the seats actually cracked?

Those heads were cracked all to hell when we did the motor the last time but we put seats in and they held pressure just fine. Seeing as the heads were full cnc port you just don't throw away those heads unless you have too.

So the heads may be fine. I have dealt with loads of machine shops that see cracks and run and hide. When in fact the heads are capable of being used.

F.X.5

Reaction score
I was told the seats were cracked by 2 machinists.

Fast 6.0 may be 100% correct. They may run amazing and last for a long time or they may not. I can't afford to have them not last. They came off a running engine. They may be fine to use, maybe someone else can look at them and feel they're fine to use. I however don't want to use them which is why I'm selling them.

I don't know what the going price is for something like this. Not very often do I buy or sell heads.

If your interested, throw me an offer.

madman1234509

Reaction score
Cant you put new valve seats in it? If so it'd just be a dime in the bucket when looking at the cost of everything else with these trucks. As stated, you dont just junk a set of ported heads unless you absolutely have to.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Are the seats actually cracked?

Those heads were cracked all to hell when we did the motor the last time but we put seats in and they held pressure just fine. Seeing as the heads were full cnc port you just don't throw away those heads unless you have too.

So the heads may be fine. I have dealt with loads of machine shops that see cracks and run and hide. When in fact the heads are capable of being used.

I agree with this, my heads were cracked all the way to the glow plug holes on every cylinder, i had new seats put in them 4 years ago and then have been fine. I have always worried about dropping a seat but it has yet to happen (knock on wood)

Fast-6.0

Reaction score
I was told the seats were cracked by 2 machinists.

Fast 6.0 may be 100% correct. They may run amazing and last for a long time or they may not. I can't afford to have them not last. They came off a running engine. They may be fine to use, maybe someone else can look at them and feel they're fine to use. I however don't want to use them which is why I'm selling them.

I don't know what the going price is for something like this. Not very often do I buy or sell heads.

If your interested, throw me an offer.

If the heads are cracked already it just tells you how hard the engine was run by the 3 or 4 different owners after Shone sold it.

F.X.5

Reaction score
Bump. Thought they were sold. Tired of waiting around. I need these sold.

$1200 obo. Prefer pickup.

F.X.5

Reaction score
Bump. Price drop.

$1000

I'll be at the Carlisle All Truck Nationals first weekend in August if anyone is interested in taking a look at them. Let me know.

Thanks.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.