6.4 head gasket job cost

1tonpower

Reaction score
I know it's been talked about before but the search isn't working on my phone..what's a fair price for the job. Best and worse case. Studs will be going in also.

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
figure on starting about $4k, as long as it's smooth sailing.

then it turns into, are they cracked, what are they going to find digging down deep enough to get to the gaskets, are they going to do a compression test before they pull them to check that out and what's that going to tell you etc etc

1tonpower

Reaction score
Thanks.. I'm in the republic of Massachusetts..the Fist shop I asked said 6k :/.. I know a guy who has done plenty of cab on 6.0s, we will most likely be doing the job. But if I can get a reasonable price I'd rather pay someone and drink on the beach.

one2nine

Reaction score
Too bad you're not closer. My buddy is a diesel tech that loves to do reasonable priced work on the side

91turbogsx

Reaction score
Where in MA? I'm in MA and could take care of it for you. And I know of a few others who can as well if I'm to far.

Stroked777

Reaction score
The guy that did mine is located in NY and did it for 2200 labor. Then you gotta figure in all the seals and gaskets and to have the heads checked, mine was 2200 for the head gasket job, 500 to do the cam( he gave me a deal on the labor) around 1600 for replacement parts (belts x2, water pump, rear main seals, rear cover gasket etc.) I got my head gaskets for free and I had the valve springs upgraded, billet push rods, cam and studs and that ran me 1900 together plus a egr delete for 278

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.