6.4 idle/running eot/ect temps ?

jimmy09899

Reaction score
H&S tuned 6.4 5 in straight pipe down pipe back, egr cooler still in truck.
what should eot/ect numbers be at idle and highway speeds on a flat grade?

wackyman9

Reaction score
Can't really speak for idle temps, but my running temps on a 70* day ECT 194 EOT 198. Thats doing 65-70mph on the highway with duhlete pipe and erg in place but turned off. Also running mishimoto rad and elc coolant.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

wcso873

Reaction score
Mine runs 194/194 on highway with 4 in exhaust and egr gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

limo054

Reaction score
Mine runs 192-196 very consistent. H&S Mini Max Tuner, EGR blocked off but still in, *** ******d. I've also added Lucas Super Cool which brought it down about 4 degrees. I'm going to add another due to the size of the system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FordTechChase

Reaction score
Idle I don't know about but running down the road at 70 my coolant is 200-205 and oil temp is about 6-8 higher than that. Mine may run a higher due to it being a 450?

FordTechChase

Reaction score
Seeing how I just bought my first Ford diesel, other truck is 04 LB7 Chevy I have owned for 5+ years and purchased from my dad who bought it new, I haven't had much more that 5-10 miles at a time in any particular truck but likely have 20k+ accumulated miles in a 6.4...Something I never watch in IDS is oil and coolant temp unless I am getting EOT/ECT correlation codes. But I did set those two pids up in the H&S and now have about 500 miles seat time in my 450 pick up.

I knew what was reliable and what I wouldn't own back in 2009ish when I was in the diesel market originally. 6.0/6.4 has bought and paid for many many toys the last 10 years. I think the 6.4 has settled down and proven a lot more reliable and got this one on a steal so here I am.

sootie

Reaction score
Seeing how I just bought my first Ford diesel, other truck is 04 LB7 Chevy I have owned for 5+ years and purchased from my dad who bought it new, I haven't had much more that 5-10 miles at a time in any particular truck but likely have 20k+ accumulated miles in a 6.4...Something I never watch in IDS is oil and coolant temp unless I am getting EOT/ECT correlation codes. But I did set those two pids up in the H&S and now have about 500 miles seat time in my 450 pick up.

I knew what was reliable and what I wouldn't own back in 2009ish when I was in the diesel market originally. 6.0/6.4 has bought and paid for many many toys the last 10 years. I think the 6.4 has settled down and proven a lot more reliable and got this one on a steal so here I am.

6.4 and reliable do not belong in the same sentence...

Latest posts

Members online