6.4 In Limp mode before and after DPF Delete

AllanB

Reaction score
Here is the story as best as I can get it. My friend put a H&S tuner on his truck not long ago. He hada DPF on, and ran it in the the tune for having a DPF. He called me saying he thought his DPF was plugged, it threw a code P0098 Intake Air Temperature Sensor 2 Circuit High, he parked the truck untill I came home. I removed my 4" exhaust and delete, he put it on his truck. He re-programed it for no DPF and it still has the code, I haven't driven the truck or seen it run, but from what he is telling me it is in limp mode. Also he is blowing oil from what I am assuming to be the oil cooler. I will attatch a pic of this. Not sure these 2 things are conncted, but if I were guessing I would say yes. Also he is running the canned H&S tunes, the DPF he got from me does have the bungs for the sensors so I am not sure if this has any relivance in the situation or not. Could something be wrong with the sensor casuing it to stay in limp mode? Then why would this oil cooler blow. I know he probably drove the truck some distance when the DPF plugged. How far I don't know. I would think not to far. Here is the pic. You can see the oil at the bottom where 2 hoses come into it.
20120313_175418.jpg This is a 6,4ltr

Reaction score
That's the intercooler, either it's come apart, or the charge air cooler on the underside is ripped or popped off. Will cause a low power concern. Look under the front bumper, the blue hose goes into the bottom of that cooler that's wet. Let me know

AllanB

Reaction score
I will check out first thing in the morning. Thanks for the reply. Not sure how clear the pic is and not real familiar with the 6.4 but it is the small cooler beside the intercooler thar looks like it is spraying oil. Not sure if it is part of the intercooler or not,

Rene G

Reaction score
I just replaced my fuel cooler, had a leak on the backside of it. Did you guys clear the codes after removing the DPF and retuning?

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
i don't think its just clearing a code. theres a definitely problem there judging by all the oil smeared on the bumper and intercooler

AllanB

Reaction score
Yeah he did clear the codes. Also put it back to stock, then put it back to the lowest hp tune with no DPF. Still the same, it just blows a lot of black smoke, but doesn't really have any power. I will have more time to look at it this evening.

Latest posts

Members online