6.4 Puking

Cory S

Reaction score
Actually yea it was slightly over filled! I gotta say my exhaust smells alot better. It had a nasty smell.

Cory S

Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340546993.955402.jpgWhat do I do with these plugs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cory S

Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340548311.166900.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1340548470.794506.jpg
These are pics of the factory intake elbow you can see all the coolant

WILD_PHIL

Reaction score
View attachment 7142What do I do with these plugs

Tape the connectors off before you hide them just incase you ever need them for what ever reason. I plan on putting plastic over the connectors and then tape so the connectors arent all sticky. This isnt neccessary, I just like to be safe.

B585Ford

Reaction score
Yeah, that was sarcasm.
So have you had the chance to put coolant in it? Get the levels right? It seems like most times it is the HG, but sounds like there's a chance yours may just have been the EGR. Let us know how it does.

Cory S

Reaction score
it is now drinking coolant by the gallon cant tell a difference in performance or anything else. time to pull the cab!

B585Ford

Reaction score
already talked to him hoping to get it up to him soon

I was rreally hoping for ya. When u said you had minimal pike after removing the EGR, I thought you might have dodged a bullet. Unless you are leaking from the EGR delete itself, time to pull the cab.

Cory S

Reaction score
me to brother i am now looking for a set of used heads to do some porting and a bit of polishing

B585Ford

Reaction score
Yea well I'm a dummy my degas bottle cap was cracked!!! NO MORE PUKING!!!!

Great to hear. Sorry I didn't mention that in the list of possibilities....it always nice to see a happy ending in cases of puking.

Cory S

Reaction score
Great to hear. Sorry I didn't mention that in the list of possibilities....it always nice to see a happy ending in cases of puking.

well it was happy for a few days. I got a lil rowdy with it last night... and it puked out alot of coolant. so i am ordering all the stuff from rudys tomorrow and going to tear into it this week. gonna leave it parked to avoid further damage to any other parts of the motor.

any thing else to do while i am in there? not really interested in ported rails or anything like that. but more like longevity mods? It has more than enough power for me.

B585Ford

Reaction score
If you are looking strictly for reliability, do a CCV mod (which doesn't require removing anything). You could do an Air Dog, but I have read they don't perform well in extreme cold so if you are still in Alaska, that probably wouldn't get a good option. With that kind of mileage, your HPFP may be getting weak so you could replace it with a new one (although that seems like a pretty big expense to me unless it is known to be failing). Hopefully someone can chime in about the HPFP. I know when aftermarket ones have failed, they can take out the injectors, but I am not sure if the same would happen with a factory pump failing. I assume your DPF is already deleted and I know you deleted your EGR already. You should be good to go for reliability unless you have a broken rocker (which you can check while you are in there).

Latest posts

Members online