6.4 puking

1tonpower

Reaction score
I'll get more into details when I get to my comp. my first question is.. The vacuum line that has the temp fix, if that was broken or dissconected from the degas bottle would it cause the tank to puke?
D4-B0A5911E2E80-11805-00000649E18923A3_zps356cdc53.jpg

1tonpower

Reaction score
ok here goes.. i had a super chips cortex programer on performance setting for most of the trucks life. it have 96k on it now. the truck has been to the shop at around 60k for a coolant leak. they replaced the t-stat and that was that. i was still loosing a small amount of coolant, maybe a half to a gal between oil changes. the first time it puked was at around 95k miles. i was towing 5-6klbs. i dont drive hard with the trailer on. after it puked i returned to stock and continued driving. it didnt puke again but i also didnt have the trailer on since then.

i took it to the the shop and told them suspect the coolers are bad and asked if they would take a look. i just picked the truck up yesterday and they replaced or cleaned the egr valve. the coolant leak was from the t stat housing. from what the service rep said. i dont have the write up with me right now. they drove the truck after the repair and said all was good.

today i deleted the cat/dpf and installed innovative's extreme street tune, took it for a ride nice and easy at first and giving it more throttle each time i came a stop. i got to the high way and rolled on slow till i was WOT. only held it for a second(95mph came quick) after that i slow back to 65 and the wrench light is on. i pull off my exit, shut the truck off and restart. the wrench light went out. i park to see the degas bottle has puked again.

is there a test for does to tell if the cooler are leaking or not. or is the only way to know for sure is to take them off and look.

i noticed the hose you see in the pic today. it was broken at that fitting and on the other side of the radiator. i hooked them up like you see and have been driving around town. so far it has not puked again, though i have been taking it easy for the most part.

im looking for suggestions on what to do next. cooler delete may be in my immediate future.

excuse the spelling or grammar mistakes

greasltn

Reaction score
The vac. line has nothing to do with the degas bottle, other than the bottom of the degas bottle is the vac. res. You're close to out of warranty and you can't duplicate the puking with the truck stock, so the dealer isn't going to help you with this problem. I suggest biting the bullet and studding the motor and do an EGR delete while you're in there.

1tonpower

Reaction score
Thanks. The broken vac line exsplains why my
Pump was always running. This is probably a stupid question but can delete the
Coolers with out much trouble in my driveway

Latest posts

Members online