6.4 Questions

VNitri22

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm thinking about purchasing a 6.4 and trading in the good ole 6.0. I got a few questions about what tuners and tunes you guys are running and why? Now for the exhaust what are the best the kits out there id like to run a 4in turbo back. Is it worth doing a egr delete when i do the exhaust and tuner or wait to do a waste gated egr delete when i do the head studs. Sorry for the dumb questions and thanks guys.

Vinnie

BFT

Reaction score
Do the tuner, intake, DPF delete and EGR delete.
Tuners are various h&s, spartan and SCT. Innovative and Matt from gearhead tunes runs real well for the SCT but the module is not the top option.
H&s is also a very good tuner and you have the option of MCC tuning (make your own tunes) which there is a guide in here for a how to.
Spartan is a very good tuner with good tunes and an awesome monitor. You are able to moniter up to 9 parameters which vary from a wide selection from, oil temp, boost back pressure reading, tranny temp, coolant intake air temp... Etc.
All are capable of reading and clearing DTC's
Save your money on the gate unless you're planning on running larger turbos and invest on some studs and a stout trans and converter.

Edit:
I also forgot to say that there are many vendors on here that have awseome package deals for what you're looking for.
If you have any more questions just feel free to ask.

Last edited:

VNitri22

Reaction score
Thank you I'm still doing alot of research on the 6.4 its a new learning curve im just trying to buy the best the first time to save time and money in the long run

Cajunhunter67

Reaction score
I owned 2 6.0 diesels. I now have an 08 6.4 with SCT tuner and custom tunes by Innovative. You will be blown away by the power these trucks make. All the above mentioned tuners are great. Do the Mods he mentioned.

VNitri22

Reaction score
Thats what I hear they can make some serious power. The only real reason I want to trade my truck in is because its only a single cab and I really want a quad cab. Im just trying to get a good idea where to start with the mods and how much they are going for.

A.thoma

Reaction score
i just did my egr delete this weekend and im mad at myself for not doing it the day i bought my truck not big power gains but looking inside my intake... :doh: love my 6.4 tho great running truck just dont expect great mpgs especially if you go to 35" tires like myself

Latest posts

Members online