6.4 rail pressure drops

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Ok. Sorry man. Just didnt want him to get the wrong idea about a cab off procedure ya know?

Jmcbride

Reaction score
I'm no mechanic but I can do some things. I did my egr ****** pretty easily and can follow step 1 to step 2 easy enough, not saying this will be easy at all, but it's something to think about. I haven't looked yet but I'm sure there are some install steps out there somewhere. Also what would be the best pump? Something that will last longer than 2 years.

Jmcbride

Reaction score
Ok I checked the fuel bowl and saw maybe 10 small sparkles. Not sure if that's a sure sign the pump shelled or just came from the cooler or something. I've read some other people having this in their truck and it be fine.. couldn't get a psi reading with an air gauge but I'm gonna run to town this evening and get new filters.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
A little bit is probably ok. As long as there weren't any decent size chunks or sparkles like a strippers tit it was probably just some that was missed when they cleaned it.

Jmcbride

Reaction score
I didn't have any luck checking the pressure at the shader valve with a tire gauge. Any pointers

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Tire gauge typically wont go low enough. You will need a fuel pressure tester. Most of the auto parts stores will rent stuff like that. It will need to screw on. Tire pressure gauges typically are not accurate until 10-15 psi +

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.