6.4 single

stroker 6.4

Reaction score
Anyone running a garret turbo with Marylands single mount? If so what did you have to change from the borgwarner?

Super08Duty

Reaction score
Anyone running a garret turbo with Marylands single mount? If so what did you have to change from the borgwarner?

Depends on the size of the Garrett. Make sure the exhaust outlet is the same size as the mpd downpipe, you may have to run an adaptor boot for the intake, and the hot side pipe that comes off the charger may need to be remade or need a reducer boot. The changes are minimal.

stroker 6.4

Reaction score
The charger will be a gtx45 I know I will have to make the intercooler pipe and intake but is the down pipe close enough that I could just cut it readjust it and wield it back? And what about oil feed and return just make my own lines from mpd to the turbo?

Also open to other mounts if anyone makes one that's better with the garret and any ideas
Thanks!

Super08Duty

Reaction score
The charger will be a gtx45 I know I will have to make the intercooler pipe and intake but is the down pipe close enough that I could just cut it readjust it and wield it back? And what about oil feed and return just make my own lines from mpd to the turbo?

Also open to other mounts if anyone makes one that's better with the garret and any ideas
Thanks!

Yes you can cut the old flange off the downpipe and weld a new one on. You just have to make sure it's perfect so you don't have a bad leak. Fabbing it in the truck would be optimal. Mpds mount will work fine with that charger. You'll most likely have to make a new oil drain, but my mpd feed line works fine.

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
or you could buy the turbo first, send it to them, and have them tweak the kit for you, for that turbo.

Super08Duty

Reaction score
Great turbo. But running an 80mm does have its draw backs. Egts get hot fast while under normal acceleration. Meaning you really have to keep an eye on egts and learn to pedal it. There's plenty of lag, but not as much as most expect. It's daily drive able if you can deal with those two issues.

Super08Duty

Reaction score
No I didn't. I had a set of mpd uppipes/mount for my old 66 that was too short. So mpd made me a mount that was taller so the larger charger could clear the intake mani.

Latest posts

Members online