6.4 straight drive

Bane456.4

Reaction score
Hey guys im new to the Army but I need some help. After installing a valair single disc ceramic clutch my pedal is stiff as hell. I looked around for a heavy duty hydraulic kit to fix this but cant find one whatsoever. Anybody know if the stock hydraulics will hold or not? my factory clutch seen some wear and slippage and I noticed after a race or two that the pedal would stick on the floor as if the fluid was bypassing the slave cylinder.

Last edited:

Dzchey21

Reaction score
have you called valair, i know allot of times they claim that the pedal feel should be similar to stock

Bane456.4

Reaction score
No haven't called them yet. I checked out their website and such and couldn't find anything. Even checked south bends and didn't see anything related to an upgrade in hydraulics for a 6.4

MINK

Reaction score
I'd call valair forsure. Dustin is right, it should still be similar to stock feel with the single disk.

Bane456.4

Reaction score
Just got off the phone with Ryan at Valair, he said they don't make a heavy duty hydraulic kit for a ZF6 tranny. Anybody have any ideas?

08 F250 6.4 FX4 6-speed H&S mini maxx, s&b intake, 4" flo pro from DP back, 3" Rough Country Suspension lift, Recon LED cab lights, Top Gun Brush Guard, 37x13.5x18 Nitto Mud Grapplers, 18x10 Moto Metal wheels

tbsimmons

Reaction score
I know what I have dont to the 6-Speed GM cars with a Mcleod Street Twin.
Bigger lines and drill out all the fittings then change to a big bore master cylinder. Still stiff but not as bad.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.