6.4 top rad hose

John bolt

Reaction score
Hi all,

So eventually I need to replace the top rad hose that leaks a couple of drops a day which is original with the updated hose. It looks no more difficult than pulling the snap ring and pulling it off and snapping on a new one. Anything I should know?

StrokiNDieseL

Reaction score
Pretty much like you stated, drop a little coolant out of drain port & pull ring back & pull hose off. Push new one til it snaps in w/ring & refill that bit you removed. Good luck, Jayson.

John bolt

Reaction score
Thanks awesome I was hoping there wasn't some pitfall that was going to bite me. It seems ridiculous that the shop wants $310 to do it!

StrokiNDieseL

Reaction score
Thanks awesome I was hoping there wasn't some pitfall that was going to bite me. It seems ridiculous that the shop wants $310 to do it!

Crazy, a hook pic to pull back ring & it shouldn't be that hard. Thermostat area is tight but manageable for the savings of not paying that dealer price!

John bolt

Reaction score
Ha ha don't know how it is down there but an oil change with fuel filters is $400

StrokiNDieseL

Reaction score
I do everything myself thus far, keeps me in touch w/what's going on mechanically as well as save $$$. I'm just a shade tree guy teaching myself w/the help of a work shop manual. lower fuel filter is fun to pull out but worth it to me. Everything else is pretty straight foreword as long as you've got basic knowledge.

Lol, I just did everything last wk that you mentioned & felt I paid $20 too much b/c Picked my mc filters up at local auto store instead of contacting vendor ( sunrise ford & many more) here for great savings.. I still did everything for $150ish.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.