6.4 traction help

Mpoage

Reaction score
The 4 link mounts are the same as a back half would be. A 4 link was designed to be able to plant the tires without planting them too much and riding wheelies, in these heavy trucks we need all the help we can get.

My buddy is buying a reg cab 6.4 2wd this weekend. what would be the most effective and cost efficient way to get the most traction as possible. I understand it would need slicks ad well.

DocBar

Reaction score
My buddy is buying a reg cab 6.4 2wd this weekend. what would be the most effective and cost efficient way to get the most traction as possible. I understand it would need slicks ad well.
How would a 6.4 give better traction, regardless of mods? It"s basically the same frame.
A good set of traction bars will do, in that area, along with slicks.

Mpoage

Reaction score
How would a 6.4 give better traction, regardless of mods? It"s basically the same frame.
A good set of traction bars will do, in that area, along with slicks.

I just stated he was buying the truck. I was asking what kind of traction bars or 4 link would provide the best traction for the best price.

907DAVE

Reaction score
The back end of a 6.4 uses a different spring setup, but for traction, can't beat a set of cal tracs.

907DAVE

Reaction score
What were the circumstances when they broke? How where they setup/ pre-loaded?

WILD_PHIL

Reaction score
What about lockers? I bougt my wife a 2wd but i have no idea how to run it at the drag strip. Nothing i cant figure out with a few passes, but i am looking for traction advice as well. Should i lower the truck before i buy bars or does it not matter?

Latest posts

Members online