6.4 trans pan and filter on 6.0

renegade

Reaction score
Mark is 100% correct (the only time he isn't is when he's 110% correct on these transmissions) the only time more fluid can cool better is if you have an enlarged capacity in the cooler itself and then only up to the amount of increase in capacity. Yes more fluid heats slower, it also cools slower. I bought a Pete 359 with an Allison in it that had increased sump capacity and it actually ran a higher (about 6 degree F) peak temp than after I rebuilt it an went back to standard capacity

suprdzlduty

Reaction score
couldn't you add a external filter like the dieselsite one and accomplish better filtration and cheaper filter changes? those late 08 in pan filters aren't cheap compared to the baldwins. It may offer a little extra cooling with the filter being outside the frame rail...may be money ahead in the long run, unless that pan filter is light years ahead in filtration technology.

MisterCMK

Reaction score
couldn't you add a external filter like the dieselsite one and accomplish better filtration and cheaper filter changes? those late 08 in pan filters aren't cheap compared to the baldwins. It may offer a little extra cooling with the filter being outside the frame rail...may be money ahead in the long run, unless that pan filter is light years ahead in filtration technology.

The internal filter from diesel filters online is only $33 which doesn't seem bad to me.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Zmann

Reaction score
the pan wasn't to bad from the dealer IIRC and that in pan filter is just a Fram filter i didn't pay much for it at Autozone

you can add an external but remember the fluid only flows to the cooler starting at 170*mine rarely sees that
and whats that remote filter kit cost ?? you have to figure that into your comparison EDIT it's over 200 bucks with shipping

Last edited:

mcdaniel1991

Reaction score
Yea I think I'm going to switch to the 08 pan and filter. It's worth it I think.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

OBSWIZ

Reaction score
I didn't read the complete thread so maybe already posted but I listen to BTS..never flush..drop the pan change the filters and add fluid every 30k. If you have a pre '08 replace the pan and stupid screen with a real filter and the '08 up pan.

Should cost less than $150

Filter #8C3Z7A098D
Pan #8C3Z7A194B

Latest posts

Members online