6.4 up pipe replacement

97f350stroker

Reaction score
Thanks for the pics man. I was hoping with the trans dropped there would be more room to work than that, but clearly that was wishful thinking. I was tossing around the idea of taking it to spe and letting them do the up pipes and stud it but was worried labor would be crazy. Plus I never take any vehicles to anyone to have stuff done, I have trust issues lol.

Stroked777

Reaction score
My turbo bolts were taken off less than 25k ago and were anti seized. When I put them back in I anti seized them again, then I had to remove them again to replace a broken up pipe after having to drill out the egt sensor, so I had to take everything out again and every nut and bolt got anti sieze

97f350stroker

Reaction score
Just ordered a set of up pipes from Rudy's and planning on getting em in this weekend. Quick question though, should I go down to my ford dealer and just get new hardware for the collector to turbo? I'm planning on pulling the trans to try to make it a little easier and was told the tc bolts are one time deals so I need new bolts for that.

Cknox121

Reaction score
My turbo bolts were taken off less than 25k ago and were anti seized. When I put them back in I anti seized them again, then I had to remove them again to replace a broken up pipe after having to drill out the egt sensor, so I had to take everything out again and every nut and bolt got anti sieze

I did this, still hard as hell.

Sent from my cracked iPhone using Tapatalk

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
With the cab off is it still necessary for oxy/sedeline?

acetylene...

and yes, ive flat out broken sockets or twisted off heads of bolts. heat is almost mandatory for any 6.4 exhaust work I have found.

97f350stroker

Reaction score
Started fighting these last night. Trans removal was easy and smooth, all the nuts on the manifolds were easy, and I got 3 of the 6 bolts to the turbo out pretty easily. I went to take egr crossover pipe off and rounded the head of one of the bolts that goes to the upipe. It was about 8:30 when that happened so I fought it for a little then decided to just hit it again today. Not sure how I'm going to get that bolt out with out any damage to the up pipe as Rudy's needs them back for cores. I'm thinking I may able to get my mig gun up in there and weld a socket on it but not sure. All ideas are welcome.

Stroked777

Reaction score
Do you need the entire cross over pipe? If not just cut it after the flange to atleast get it out to make it easier to get the bolt out. Once you get the bolt out just move the block off up to the flange behind the turbo

Will@Rudy'sDiesel

Reaction score
Started fighting these last night. Trans removal was easy and smooth, all the nuts on the manifolds were easy, and I got 3 of the 6 bolts to the turbo out pretty easily. I went to take egr crossover pipe off and rounded the head of one of the bolts that goes to the upipe. It was about 8:30 when that happened so I fought it for a little then decided to just hit it again today. Not sure how I'm going to get that bolt out with out any damage to the up pipe as Rudy's needs them back for cores. I'm thinking I may able to get my mig gun up in there and weld a socket on it but not sure. All ideas are welcome.

You can chop the EGR pipe in a thousand pieces as long as the actual up-pipes are okay.

97f350stroker

Reaction score
Do you need the entire cross over pipe? If not just cut it after the flange to atleast get it out to make it easier to get the bolt out. Once you get the bolt out just move the block off up to the flange behind the turbo

I like this idea. Where do I put my ebp sensor though?

Stroked777

Reaction score
Well I'm talking after the flange in reference to the exhaust flow. So when looking at the pipe from the front of the truck you would cut to the right of the flange to help get it out. That is if you can get a saw on it. But I'm not sure how much you would need to cut off if you had the trans out. I had to remove the whole egr pipe to get the pass side up pipe out with the trans in. Maybe you won't have to cut it right next to the flange

97f350stroker

Reaction score
Well I'm talking after the flange in reference to the exhaust flow. So when looking at the pipe from the front of the truck you would cut to the right of the flange to help get it out. That is if you can get a saw on it. But I'm not sure how much you would need to cut off if you had the trans out. I had to remove the whole egr pipe to get the pass side up pipe out with the trans in. Maybe you won't have to cut it right next to the flange

I could easily cut the egr pipe out from underneath. So I can just go ahead and hack that pipe out and put my block off plate at the egr provision of the passenger side up pipe? Makes sense, I was just thinking I had to do something with the ebp sensor.

97f350stroker

Reaction score
Found this pic on Google. Ebp sensor is in that egr pipe so if I got rid of that pipe I would have to move the sensor. Just drill and tap the block off plate?

6-4-sounds-like-its-sucking-air-powerstroke-engine.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.